Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1995 Holden VS Berlina Sedan - L67, A2A Intercooled, Plus Heaps More

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
yeah a good tune would probs help, seen as you'v had a full rebuild and probs changed the specs on her too. enjoy it mate u deserve to after all the hard work

Thanks man, yeah definitely needs a tune. I ended up taking it for a drive in to town last night to fill up with fuel and to give it a bit of a run. Besides the stalling and not being able to rev it up too much, she ran beautiful, no vibrations, changes gears smoothly, and everything works except for cruise control. Can't even imagine how well it's going to go once it's running properly and had a good tune. Even got a couple of waves from people passing in the opposite direction, and even got pulled over by the cops as a I was coming out of town, but I just explained that it's been off the road for 9 months getting a bit of work done and I was just coming to get fuel and they had no problems, even said it's a clean VS which makes me feel awesome when people say that to me :)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
You must have washed it since those pictures then, LOL
Congrats mate. Keep us posted how the tune goes. When is it planned for?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
You must have washed it since those pictures then, LOL
Congrats mate. Keep us posted how the tune goes. When is it planned for?

Yeah of course! I pressure washed it and got all the dust off before it left the driveway haha.
Will keep you posted and let you know. Not sure exactly when it's getting tuned as the guy that's doing it is still away on holidays.
Will post some photos of how it looked after I cleaned it up a bit :)

IMG_0145_zpsb094be02.jpg

IMG_0146_zpscaaba077.jpg

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
UPDATE: Been driving the VS around a bit lately, done over 300kms in it since it's been back on the road. Should be going in for the dyno tune next week, so can't wait till that's done. Everything seems to be good and it's running alright with no vibrations or noises. Only thing I have noticed today is a coolant leak which I just need to replace a hose clamp because it won't tighten up anymore but the hose is leaking under pressure. Other than that, it's good to be able to drive the VS again and I can't wait to see how she goes once she has been tuned!

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
UPDATE: Was about to get a bit of work done to my VS today. Ended up getting the flywheel machined. Then Bolting it on to the engine with the clutch kit. Then decided to sit the engine in, and then finally decided to bolt the gearbox in and starter motor. A lot of progress for half a days work.

IMG_0131_zps2f469d90.jpg

IMG_0132_zpse11bb400.jpg

IMG_0133_zps88c6ec97.jpg

IMG_0134_zps4dcc09e6.jpg

IMG_0135_zpsd17735bf.jpg

IMG_0137_zps46a87305.jpg

Great work rate!

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Fuuuuuuuuck thats a clean car :eek:
Pretty impressed with it, good job on the manual conversion :)

Thanks man, yeah it all went fairly smoothly, best part was I had all the parts I needed because of the donor car :)

UPDATE: My VS went on the dyno last night and the final results are:

238.7 rwkw
324.5 rwhp
837.5 nm torque

Very happy with that result, can't wait to go pick it up!

10966867_10205851396506347_327554023_n_zps4152f459.jpg

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Gotta be happy with those numbers mate, that torque figure is unreal! Congrats on getting this far :thumbsup:

I remember in your old thread you were gonna install some SS fog lamps, are you still going that route? That is if the cooler pipes permit.

Looking forward to seeing some vids now

Last edited: