Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1995 Holden VS Berlina Sedan - L67, A2A Intercooled, Plus Heaps More

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Welcome to Queensland.:beer chug:

No two heads here lol

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Welcome to Queensland.:beer chug:

No two heads here lol

Thanks mate :)

Didn't realise you were in Queensland till now haha, you might see my VS around!

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
First time I've seen this thread. Great car dude! Well done.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys, I have blown the gearbox on my VS, and as I don't have the time to fix it up, I have decided to sell it as it is. If anyone is interested in buying it, please let me know. Car still moves, but making a horrible noise from the gearbox when the clutch is disengaged.

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Sad to see you lost interest in it Ben, such a great build with some pretty serious numbers. On the plus side though, I see you have a nice L67 VY :spot on:

DavoP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vg ute
Ok, having been there before, just go with a heavy duty clutch and not a button. Honestly, I feel that you need to keep the clutch the "weak link", or you will start turning T5's into scrap metal pretty quickly. Having said that, I had a T5 behind my L67 for probably 5 years making 200rwkw and never had a drama with the box, but I had some mechanical sympathy for it (no high rev clutch dumps, burnouts etc.) and it was in a light car which was it's saving grace IMO. Also, as Immortality said, you need to have the flywheel mirror balanced to the l67 flex plate or you will run into dramas with vibrations.

Manual V6's ran dowels in the crank, but I never ran them in mine and never had a problem, but it can't hurt to have them in there. You must replace the flywheel bolts as they're torque to yield bolts.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them as I've been through all this before.

Hi mate I'm in the middle of converting my supercharged vy to a t5 manual but need a bit of help I don't know ow what to get eg, vn or vy clutch/flywheel and how did yous go about the tailshaft I got told would need a custom one made please help

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You will need to get a ecotec VS-VY clutch/flywheel but make sure you get a solid flywheel and not one of those fancy dual mass POS units.