Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1996 VSII Berlina

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Thanks mate, yeah I fitted a Statesman dash but am trying to make it look like it's not out of a Statesman like by changing the decal from "Statesman" to "Berlina" and I also changed the clock so it doesn't have the Statesman logo at the top (Just posted pictures of it). I also fitted the rear power supply and rear foot well lights like you have, I just have to change them to LED now :) It seems like we are thinking alike with the things that we are doing haha! But keep up the good work mate, and hopefully once my VS is back up and running again we will be able to go on a cruise sometime!

Yeah for sure mate :spot on:

If you're going LED, consider going warm white. I done everything in cool white and I kind of regret it now, the interior doesn't feel as 'luxury' as it used to. At least with warm LED's, you have the benefit of them being very bright and they maintain the original look with they're colour output. Just a thought anyway.

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Ticked over 170,000kms this week.

Fitted a brand new power steering pump and fluid reservoir after having no power assistance at idle speeds for a little while. So much nicer to drive now.

Fitted a Statesman glove box cooler.

Statesman rear door pockets, vinyl dyed to suit.

Also fitted a light to the bottom of the pockets to act as ground illumination, wired in to their respective door courtesy lamps.
Had to make a cover to block any light from shining inside the pocket.

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
This VS is soo clean dude! it would certainly be my inspiration if i did not have a ute! but i will definitely be taking pointer's for the stuff that i can do :) like the courtesy light's in the door and in the under stereo pocket's! and i also really like how you make it look soo factory and that :)

feel free to have a look at my ute when you get the chance mate :)

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/239448-tomis-vs-manual-ute-d.html

vylover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Manual Ute
and the polishing of the engine bay part's looks mint! i love that and want to do that too! I'm replacing water pump,radiator,hoses,thermostat,power steering pump and fan belt next weekend because i swell have hard as a rock steering at idle ATM so i though while I'm at a mechanic may swell get everything done :)

and also how do i subscribe to this.. i want to but don't know how lol :)

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
This VS is soo clean dude! it would certainly be my inspiration if i did not have a ute! but i will definitely be taking pointer's for the stuff that i can do :) like the courtesy light's in the door and in the under stereo pocket's! and i also really like how you make it look soo factory and that :)

feel free to have a look at my ute when you get the chance mate :)

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/239448-tomis-vs-manual-ute-d.html

and the polishing of the engine bay part's looks mint! i love that and want to do that too! I'm replacing water pump,radiator,hoses,thermostat,power steering pump and fan belt next weekend because i swell have hard as a rock steering at idle ATM so i though while I'm at a mechanic may swell get everything done :)

and also how do i subscribe to this.. i want to but don't know how lol :)

Thanks bud. Good to see someone getting ideas from the little mods done.
Tidy ute you got there, looks pretty straight. I always liked the three seaters.

It definitely sucks driving without power steering, the new pump fixed that.

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Ticked over 180,000k's recently, still running beautifully. I've been doing a lot more highway driving with work now, so the km's are gonna start stacking on.

Done some little mods, plus the usual routine service/maintenance.

I sewed up an ebay perforated leather steering wheel cover, turned out pretty good for $3.40 with a spare hour to sew it all up. Tucked in the leather behind the steering wheel front pad where the spokes are, so it almost looks like a factory set up.

VP Calais velour pocket insert, modded to fit.

Modded the front door speaker pods/map pockets. Cut a hole to the underside and fitted a courtesy light. Wired them up to their respective door courtesy lights, and now there's heaps of ground illumination when you open the door. There's enough room for this mod within the speaker pods, and there's still a few mm of clearance from the sill panel when you shut the door.

Slimline front plate, and black mesh lower grill.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Still looks good.
Love the lights