Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2001 Holden WH Statesman Series 2

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Name: Ben Galea.

Model: 2001 WH Statesman Series 2.

Colour: Heron White - Code: J073.

Body kit: Standard.

Engine: 3.8L Ecotec V6 LN3.

Exhaust: 2.5 inch Redback exhaust from cat back, 1x Redback Sports Muffler, 3 inch Dual Chrome Tip.

Intake: Stock Cold Air Intake.

Gearbox: Standard Auto.

Diff: Standard IRS.

Brakes: Standard but I have some DBA 4000 Series 6x6 Wiper Slot Rotors for the front (Haven't had a chance to put them on).

Suspension: Pedders Sports Ryder Springs all round, Pedders Sports Ryder Front Struts, Pedders Comfort Gas Rear Shockers.

Rims: 20" G.max Heritage, 245/30R20 Nangtang Tyres, Standard Alloy Spare.

Interior: Standard. Velour Seats and Door Trims, Leather Steering Wheels, Leather Gear Selector, Leather Handbrake Stick.

Stereo: Alpine IVA-502EV Headunit, Cadence 300W ZRS6KE Front Speakers, Alpine Type S SPS-600 Rear Speakers, Alpine Type R 1500W Subwoofer, Alpine V-Power 4 Channel Amp, Alpine V-Power Mono Amp, even spend the extra $300 to get the steering wheel controls to work with it, inbuilt GPS (works with headunit), inbuilt reverse camera, Bluetooth.

Other Mods: Tinted windows.

Cost: Purchased car stock for $10,500, spent $11,800+

Future Mods: Not too sure at the moment, maybe a Black or Dark Grey Leather interior. Depends on how much money I have in the future haha, HID lights.

Other work done: Genuine New Rear Parking Sensors (supplied and fitted at Holden), Genuine New Front Grill, Genuine New Projector Headlights, Genuine New Fog Lights, Genuine New First Aid Kit, Genuine New Cargo Net, Genuine New Headlight Protectors, New Windscreen, Chrome Caprice exterior door handles, All new chrome stripes, All new door moulds, New front badge, Full Respray.

Purchased Car in August 2009.

Heres some pics....

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0035-1.jpg

IMG_0036-1.jpg

IMG_0033-1.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Last edited:

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VX S Pack
Nice ride mate, i always look back and say i should of got a stato..best interior ever

Like the idea of not getting an exhaust.

Looks pretty much set mate

MUT4NT

RatRod Gem Wagon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH international// Gemini Wagon
looks sweet mate i got myself an international WH haha got to lower mine now

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
nice stato mate i have the same issue on mine with the cliping of the guards

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Nice ride mate, i always look back and say i should of got a stato..best interior ever

Like the idea of not getting an exhaust.

Looks pretty much set mate

Thanks, yeah I already have a VS Berlina with the exhaust done on it so its nice to just get into the Statesman on the weekend and relax and its nice and quiet.
No point really doing much else to it, I don't want to over do it. I think its just right how it is now.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
looks sweet mate i got myself an international WH haha got to lower mine now

Thanks mate, yeah I seen pics of your international, looks nice but yeah it would look nicer lowered. That was the first thing I done when I got my statesman was the suspension.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
nice stato mate i have the same issue on mine with the cliping of the guards

As soon as that happened I took the car straight back and demanded that they put the right size tyres on it. They told me that 245/40R19 was the correct size for a WH but a mate told me that those tyres are for a VE commodore. Luckly they did exchange the tyres but still, I ended up the a damaged guard. But its all good now. I have already bought the door moulds, chrome stripes and caprice exterior door handles and the front badge genuine from holden. Just need to save up a bit more to take it to the pannel beater so he can paint everything, fix the guard (or replace), and fit everything.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Might put up a new thread of my VS Berlina with the mods and everything.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
I haven't put up any pics for a while or updated this thread, so I thought its about time.

Sorry, the car wasn't very clean when I took this photo.
IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

This is how she sits on the stock 16's
IMG_0299.jpg

And is is how she sits on the VY Signature 19's
IMG_0275.jpg

Update: Well theres not too much going on at the moment, haven't been able to put the chrome strips, door moulds or anything like that on yet because I haven't had the money to do it, plus I bought the L67 motor for my VS and that set me back a fair bit.

As you may know, I like to keep my cars looking immaculate and always at there best. Last week was the last week of work for me and now i'm on holidays. Anyway, I decided I would take my Statesman to work on Friday, and when I got to work, I parked it away from all the other cars that were around work. By lunch time, I noticed there was a red van parked in front of me and I didn't think anything of it. When I went to leave work, the van was gone and I got in my car, parked it at the petrol pumps at work to fill it up, went inside to say cya to everyone, came out and noticed that the careless ******** backed into the front of my car, push the number plate in and damaged the front bumper bar. Ok now 1. I just bought brand new slimline number plates for it $80 (I think), 2. I just put brand new fog lights (genuine from holden $150ea), the bumper was broken where the white paint meets the grey paint right next to the L/H/F fog light. I sucks because I don't know whos van it was that parked in front of me. It just really annoys me when no-one cares about something that they don't own so they don't care if they damage it :(. Anyway, I guess thats more money I have to pay when I take the car to the pannel beater whenever I can afford it.

Anyway, let me know what you think of the photo, I took it about 2 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to upload it until now :)

Last edited:

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VX S Pack
Love those sigs mate, really thinking of getting some

haha i was up at B-rat this week for uni night down at the bluestone ;)