Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2003 VY Executive.

20joeyz20

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive 3.8 V6
Hi people,
After selling my VT, I wanted to buy a VX, but at last minuet I got this VY instead. and I'm defiantly not regretting the decision :) Although this car was ugly and unloved when I got it, I think I'm cleaning her up nice :)

Name: Joseph
Model: 2003 Vy S1 executive
Colour: White
Engine Type: 3.8 Ecotec
Exhaust: Standard
Gearbox: Auto
Diff: LSD
Suspension: FE2
Wheels: 17'' VY SS rims
Stereo: Stock
Current mods: de badged (except Holden), 17'' ss rims, bump strips removed, ss style headlights and S2 sunglasses holder.
I'm not going to get rid of it anytime soon but I don't want to spend much on it. I really only want to do cheap mods, clean it up and keep it maintained.

The day I picked it up.

after its bath

I removed the ugly broken bump strips and got new rims :) looking heaps better :)

Got new headlights :)

I welcome your opinions :)

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Hey mate nice ride. I got a VY myself and haven't spent much money to make it clean. Some recommendions for your car would be to remove the mudflaps, colour code the black bumpers on the bottom of the car and the black mirrors, they look cleaner all white, get some white T10s bulbs for the number plate lights and the headlight parkers, get some white 39mm festoon bulbs for the boot light and roof light and some white H4s 6000k (pure white) for the headlights. Buy the bulbs on eBay works out heaps cheaper then the shop. VY SS tail lights are $120 a pair on eBay and would match your SS headlights, hmm, probably heaps of other things I can't find of now, but that should get you started.

Keep us posted and If you need any help just let me know

20joeyz20

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive 3.8 V6
Hey thanks for the replies :) I was offered a VZ Acclaim but I didn't want an alloytec engine lol I like some of your ideas there :) I tried to vinyl wrap the mirror scalps today, mega fail lol turns out wrapping looks easier than it is lol. I need to get my drivers door re sprayed anyway so painting the bottom of the bumpers etc shouldn't be to hard. I have put it off because I'm not sure if I want a ss kit on it or not. I have already done the LED's in number plate area and interior dome light. and I'm getting philip's crystal vision (4300K) bulbs in a couple weeks I want clean white light but I don't want to blind people :) as far as tail lights I'm wanting the SS ones you mentioned, they will look awesome :)
Cheers,

Last edited:

20joeyz20

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive 3.8 V6
Mud flaps are gone, it does look cleaner without them :)

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
If you SS kit it it'll look a million bucks mate, and get some SS parts in the dash. You can spray the air vents satin chrome yourself, but satin chrome handbrake lever and auto shifter should be purchased as if you paint em yourself they'll wear off

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
+1 for SS kit.

Thank you very much for removing your trolley strips!!!, this should be the very first thing on every persons list before doing any other mods!

It's nice and clean mate, good luck with the future mods.

20joeyz20

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive 3.8 V6
Thanks everyone, Yeah I think I will SS kit it :) As for the interior, I haven't done anything to that except install a S2 sunglasses holder. I have a satin chrome handbrake cover and gear knob on my eBay watch list I will buy next week :) I'm thinking about just painting the dash surround, I've done it before to my VT and that looked great.

Straya I totally agree bump strips are horrid and should always be removed lol. after reading up on how to remove them I was a little put off thinking it would take ages and be super hard. But to be honest, it was easy as. Took me about 4 hours over 2 days and it was all done :) caramel wheel is a god send! lol