Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2003 VY Executive.

2005VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Sv6 SII Wagon
How did the paint pull up after removing the strips? i have done one side of my car its been a full pain in the ass for me!

20joeyz20

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive 3.8 V6
How did the paint pull up after removing the strips? i have done one side of my car its been a full pain in the ass for me!

Hey, The previous owner had attempted to remove them on the drivers door and he scratched it to hell and back. He then put the project in the two hard basket, and pop riveted the strip back on :( I will need to respray the drivers door now. But other than that the only damage I got was where the double sided tape was, little tiny chip like things, you can't see it though unless your 2cm away from it :) After cutting the black crap away with a razor blade I found the caramel wheel to be my best friend.

20joeyz20

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive 3.8 V6
Just a couple pictures from today after I removed the mud flaps :) I know, I know it needs a bath and polish lol :)

2005VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Sv6 SII Wagon
Yeah i got the wheel to, i.m scared if i hold it on the paint to long it will wreck it or something though? and it just seems like the glue does not wanna come off!

20joeyz20

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive 3.8 V6
Yeah I was a bit scared at first too and I think you will burn the paint off if you hold it on for too long. I found the caramel wheel worked much quicker by going up/down the door instead of across the door. if that makes sense :)

Last edited:

20joeyz20

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive 3.8 V6
Hey everyone, de-greased my engine bay today and fixed a power steering fluid leak I had. I also bought a power window harness, reg's and door wiring from a girl wreaking her VY SV8. As my car doesn't have the wiring I need and I want front power windows in my car. I hope installing it wont be a huge headache though lol. any help anyone can give there would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:

20joeyz20

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive 3.8 V6
Well I got a interior pic today. My interior is so boring, I want some silver and red in there lol :)

And just a pic of my numberplate LED'S, nice and bright now.

cheers,