Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2006 VE Calais - P Plates

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Alpine type R 6.5" components for the front and coaxials in the rear with an amp will sound great.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
coaxials in the rear are a waste of money, better off just upgrading front speakers and amping them, its for your listening pleasure, not your passengers

as for type r components, might be good (though i have never heard them myself) but way over priced, better of getting something from morel or crescendo if your after a quality build at an affordable price

Smiddy_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Good on you Smiddy, you gotta be happy with that....Looks nice, i do like the silver too...:cool:

Thanks, its actually sandstorm though, which is the champagne kind of colour, but when its clean it looks mint..

what are you looking when you upgrade exactly? louder sound with more clarity? a bit more bass?

also are you looking at putting a sub/s in or just speakers?

Well my 2 rear passenger speakers are blown and making crackling sounds. So they definitely need to be replaced.

Im mainly aiming for more clarity and bass. i dont need it to be louder than stock, its already as loud as i need it.

Also just aiming for speakers, i go away often and use my whole boot space plus back seats so there isnt any room nor the reasoning to get a sub if i can have good quality speakers.

I want to try keep it under $800 if possible, but if i have to spend a bit more for be

Also, i am getting my bonnet repaired after a lump of steel decided to fall off the back of a truck and rip some steel out, at the same time im getting my front bumper resprayed as it has quite a few stone chips, but i was considering going a senator front end and rear end. anyone have any idea how much $$$ this would cost?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
If stock is loud enough then you don't need an amp but an amp will certainly make it sound better. I bought my 6.5" type r splits for $300, I don't think that's over priced.
Genuine Senator front and rear end will be expensive plus you gotta buy the tail light and their covers too.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Thanks, its actually sandstorm though, which is the champagne kind of colour, but when its clean it looks mint..

Well my 2 rear passenger speakers are blown and making crackling sounds. So they definitely need to be replaced.

Im mainly aiming for more clarity and bass. i dont need it to be louder than stock, its already as loud as i need it.

Also just aiming for speakers, i go away often and use my whole boot space plus back seats so there isnt any room nor the reasoning to get a sub if i can have good quality speakers.

I want to try keep it under $800 if possible, but if i have to spend a bit more for be

Also, i am getting my bonnet repaired after a lump of steel decided to fall off the back of a truck and rip some steel out, at the same time im getting my front bumper resprayed as it has quite a few stone chips, but i was considering going a senator front end and rear end. anyone have any idea how much $$$ this would cost?

Which state are you in?
I know someone who has a damaged senator bar forsale in nsw Sydney region.
If u buy all genuine it will cost you $2500 for the bar with chrome inserts and mesh..
Or just $1100 for chrome and mesh (no bar). That's front only aswell.. Quite expensive lol.
You may need to get a VIN off a senator too unless u have contacts in spare parts ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smiddy_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Ah ok,
I'm In Vic.
Don't want to spend that much on doing it. If it was cheap I would have but thought id ask anyway :)

Well I'll do speakers etc first, and if there is leftover money I'll grab an amp too.

I'm saving for a clubby at the moment too, so don't want to overspend yet :)

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07

MY Dad has a calias V he has two sub on the shelf standard so i guess if u have a calias u already have subs. so upgrade ur front and back and get 2 new subs there small thats y theres 2 i guess sound automatically is alot better. also reason ur back speakers might have stop is ur fader option is on the back mostly even it out. also my dad had cracking noises it was his subs not the speakers at the back door so double check it

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Definitely amp the speakers. Even a very small amp will out perform the headunit, for after market speakers. Having more power than you need is called headroom and prevents distortion being feed to your speakers due to clipping. This will damage the speakers before its audible.

Type rs are nice speakers. If the fronts are good just out then in the rear off headunit. Grab some components and a 2x50wrms amp and you'll be away laughing.

Food for thought. I've run expensive amped components type rs and better etc etc. I decided to use dynamat on my front doors in my vy. Properly deadened doors with factory speakers off the factory headunit sound better than my type rs, running through p80rs2 (high end pionner) and amped at 120wrms each.

When I catch the bug again I'll put then in my vy and run then off the amp again.