Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2006 VE Calais

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Wheels are a little busy to be able to see the brakes behind them (but the wheels are great so I wouldn't be concerned about that), hopefully they do what they're supposed to and pull you up well with the remsa pads though.

Thanks gambler. :)
The brakes actually make a difference over stock.

Front grill side-on.

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Believe I spotted this car today feb 6th at Woonona Train Station
looked awesome mate great height just awesome seeing it in the flesh lol.

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option
Didn't take any, was raining, I'll take some tomorrow and post em up :)

Gunna do the custom grill once my front bar arrives, front park assist sensors are being resprayed ATM, and finally (after 3 failed attempts) I now have the correct buttons from Holden (park assist/tc/sport) for the center console.

Hi,
I got a reversing camera similar to yours, haven't put it in yet as I was thinking about fitting a front camera while I'm at it, easy to do with a relay to switch from front to rear - but I'm stumped at the moment as to how to get it to display camera without having to press the Aux button on the head unit - any ideas?
The rear camera will get its power from the reversing switch and the front one from the relay, so that's no prob - I'm not worried about the motion cut out either, just need to have it automatically display a camera when I'm parking rather than pressing the Aux button, no big deal I suppose but it'd be nice to have it automatic.

My Calais doesn't have front sensors, wouldn't mind getting them if I could but I reckon a camera is easier to fit and be more useful. Could always get aftermarket sensors I suppose...

Has anyone put a front camera in?

Cheers,
Dave.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I have had a front camera and it was good but after about 4-5 months it became almost useless because the lends was so buggered from all the bugs and other stuff hitting it. Also I believe an auto switching unit can be purchased from no limit electronics or JHP or someone like that but it will cost you a bit.

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option
I have had a front camera and it was good but after about 4-5 months it became almost useless because the lends was so buggered from all the bugs and other stuff hitting it. Also I believe an auto switching unit can be purchased from no limit electronics or JHP or someone like that but it will cost you a bit.

Thanks for the reply, decided not to bother with front camera for pretty much the problem you described, I was trying to come up with ways to protect the lens but gave up.

Well, finally got the reversing camera fitted yesterday. I used a wireless unit to send the signal from the camera to the head unit display, couldn't be stuffed trying to route an AV cable. Works well and good picture but I have to do a bit of a button press dance to get it to work - still sussing out the correct way to do it :)
I bought the head unit AV-in plug components from Radio Spares web site and made up a cable with an in-line AV socket from Jaycar.
However, the VIM module is gonna get fitted, that 3km/h cut-out sucks big time!! I looked into the auto-switching thing but figured I'd just get the standard VIM and live with the button pushing.

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
Believe I spotted this car today feb 6th at Woonona Train Station
looked awesome mate great height just awesome seeing it in the flesh lol.

Haven't been on here in ages, only just noticed all the posts!
Yeah that would have been me haha :)

Thanks for the reply, decided not to bother with front camera for pretty much the problem you described, I was trying to come up with ways to protect the lens but gave up.

Well, finally got the reversing camera fitted yesterday. I used a wireless unit to send the signal from the camera to the head unit display, couldn't be stuffed trying to route an AV cable. Works well and good picture but I have to do a bit of a button press dance to get it to work - still sussing out the correct way to do it :)
I bought the head unit AV-in plug components from Radio Spares web site and made up a cable with an in-line AV socket from Jaycar.
However, the VIM module is gonna get fitted, that 3km/h cut-out sucks big time!! I looked into the auto-switching thing but figured I'd just get the standard VIM and live with the button pushing.

The vim and auto switch works pretty well, except it makes the LCD go black below 20km/hr for some reason when set on rear aux.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
New front bar is at the panel beaters being re-sprayed as we speak.. Should be on the car in a week or two! :beer chug:

ybhve4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais Sportwagon
car looks good mate. did you end up getting another calais bar or something else?

leardim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
how much did it cost you to get bar sprayed champ?

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
car looks good mate. did you end up getting another calais bar or something else?

Its a secret haha.

how much did it cost you to get bar sprayed champ?

Haven't got a price yet, will get it once it's finished. I'll let you know once it's done :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk