Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2007 sv6

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Take the wing off, they look phat lowered, big rims and no wing.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Having a chat with another SV6 owner last night, we were both of the opinion of wanting to upgrade the instrument cluster. No idea though how easy (expensive?) it is though.

Instrument clusters are one of those things.
If you are willing to spend time playing around with an EEPROM programmer, then it is possible.
(It basically means copying data over from your original cluster, to your new cluster) to "program the cluster with your cars VIN number, Odo reading, and engine/trans options.

Here is info on how to program yourself using an EEPROM programmer.
www.carmodder.com • Programming Cluster EEPROMs for the Holden VE Commodore

The next alternative is if you just wanted to change the cluster face / needles and illumination (And stay with a Single LCD cluster model).
Simply swap out the face, and needles as required, and change over the SMT LEDs used for the cluster illumination. (White Gauge Illumination looks very good on SV6 clusters).

Finally, you could always take a cluster to Holden for programming, however the Tech2 wont be able to change the ODO reading of the new cluster if it has more than 10Kms on it.

I hope this helps.

Hass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 manual
You know it! Ive only got tape over the holes at the moment, where would I pick up some plugs from?

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Excellent info there as usual Zerone_V. And yep have to agree I want the white gauge illum, but of course would prefer the 3 window. Red if for warning lights - took me ages to get used to that.
Reading all your posts makes me think I'm going to have to get myself a eeprom programmer and visit a wreckers to get something cheaper to play around with to learn on first. And of course have the old radio sitting in the cupboard. Yep, you've convinced me.

Hass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 manual
Picked the commodore up from the mechanics after fitting the xforce. Since then I noticed small amount of clutch slip after gear changes.. Just before I took it out for a drive, launched at like only 3500 and it bogged down and the clutch just fried. It's not even drive able now, what's the options now? If the mechanic did take it for a test drive and phuck the clutch a little bit, he wouldn't admit to it and it was fine before.. Any help is appreciated

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Damn you Zerone_V. Just ordered an eeprom programmer and clip. Will need it for the triple window cluster I also just ordered (out of a 2008 HSV Senator). In a couple of weeks I'm sure I'll be singing your praises though. :beer chug: Then I'll notice I will have to (want to) swap out all the other red switches on everything, and that red centre display (currently showing the ss oil/batt) will **** me. We'll see as there is still some red on the new cluster I believe. Might look into swapping that centre batt/oil display out for something else (don't need it as have aftermarket headunit). Matching gauges maybe???

Didn't see a dump from either cluster on carmodder, but wasn't at home and was reading on a tablet pc. So I'll post the dumps and details for both of them once I get them (if they aren't already done). Then we'll see if I can make it work as a bonus ;) I'm hopeful with those awesome write-ups you've done.

Haas - sorry to hear mate. Unfortunately I have no advice, hope someone does.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
The first road wirthiness inspection will fail you because of the HID lights. They are illegal unless factory or comply with factory. If your model didn't have them off the line then sorry sunshine, you loose.

Hass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 manual
The first road wirthiness inspection will fail you because of the HID lights. They are illegal unless factory or comply with factory. If your model didn't have them off the line then sorry sunshine, you loose.

Already have a road worthy.. Fkthepolice

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
+1 for hid's, however yes : every 3rd car seems to have them lately...

As for the clutch, unfortunately unless you have proof of them riding the clutch or flogging the car to wear it out, you havent a leg to stand on. also, there's a 90% chance it was almost worn when it went in to them, how many klms?

If the flywheel (dual mass) has wear, it often sets off a chain reaction which causes slip and clutch failure.
Otherwise if you're over the 100,000km mark, it's not uncommon for a modern clutch to be worn when driven more than "sedately".

Hass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 manual
+1 for hid's, however yes : every 3rd car seems to have them lately...

As for the clutch, unfortunately unless you have proof of them riding the clutch or flogging the car to wear it out, you havent a leg to stand on. also, there's a 90% chance it was almost worn when it went in to them, how many klms?

If the flywheel (dual mass) has wear, it often sets off a chain reaction which causes slip and clutch failure.
Otherwise if you're over the 100,000km mark, it's not uncommon for a modern clutch to be worn when driven more than "sedately".

Yeah it's got 120k so was probably due for a new one. Got a HD exedy one, bank account has taken another hit haha