Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my 5 litre vk

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Nice VK looks tuff with the kit and rims, Why do you want to change to auto i think the manual is the go but then the m20-m21 are not the strongest box. if you go auto the turbo 350 with shift kit and the 3000 stall would be much better than trimatic, but you have 4 speed-trimatic block and will need adapter plate-kit to fit turbo 350, do you have a fairly big cam in motor to need 3000 stall? I would also change diff ratio to 3.55 or lower to get most out of stall. The VK is a light car and will go hard. I myself have a VK and is currently working on the old girl, my set up is stage 4 cam, head work, gear drive, turbo 350 stage 2 shift kit 2800 stall and 9" with 3.7 gears and full spool. Take a look under my ride - Project VK 308 turbo 350 9". all the best with your VK it looks tidy and dam tuff.

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
i knew i reconised the bushes in the photo. its GLADSTONE. woot. nice car man

les82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 304 T5 in build process, whii Statesman
Nice VK looks tuff with the kit and rims, Why do you want to change to auto i think the manual is the go but then the m20-m21 are not the strongest box. if you go auto the turbo 350 with shift kit and the 3000 stall would be much better than trimatic, but you have 4 speed-trimatic block and will need adapter plate-kit to fit turbo 350, do you have a fairly big cam in motor to need 3000 stall? I would also change diff ratio to 3.55 or lower to get most out of stall. The VK is a light car and will go hard. I myself have a VK and is currently working on the old girl, my set up is stage 4 cam, head work, gear drive, turbo 350 stage 2 shift kit 2800 stall and 9" with 3.7 gears and full spool. Take a look under my ride - Project VK 308 turbo 350 9". all the best with your VK it looks tidy and dam tuff.

wanted to go auto mainly to take it to the drags on weekends and like you said m20/21 arn't the strongest box. i have a trimatic ready to go thats the reason for the choice of the box, i personally like the t350's as well but dont really have the cash at the moment lol. as for the cam i dont really know what the specs are, will probably get one to suit stall when i do the conversion. thanks for the advice though

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
looks good and sounds wicked,(u drove past me the other day)
Matt

les82

Reaction score
Members Ride
new pics of interior

ok got a bit done over the weekend seats in and dash painted. still want to do something with the center console and door trims what do you all think.

Attachments

• DSCF0127.JPG
    DSCF0127.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCF0128.JPG
    DSCF0128.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Awsome looking VK man love it. Would look even better if it had the original tail light's... I never liked the clear tail light's on the vk/vl imo it doesnt suit them.:thumbsup:

les82

Reaction score
Members Ride
new steering wheel

hey all i got a new steering wheel on the weekend, only because on the way home i got defected for my wheel being too small, guess it was a good excuse to get another one, never really liked the wooden one any way

Attachments

• Les and tash engagement jan 27 07 108.jpg
    Les and tash engagement jan 27 07 108.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 226

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
the tail lights look good at night, i was behind u driving along toolooa street last week sometime.
Matt

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
...stalker :p