Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 89 VN - Lots of Pics -

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Bitser! Bits of this, Bits of that..

AngryVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
nice vn man.. looks to me its an S pack, judging by the trim, mine is the same and its an S. keep up the good work!

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
stocky said:
looks good. looks like youre missing the rear lip for the ss kit. get that and it will look great.

what problems are you having with the steering wheel?

I might have to start searching on ebay for it then ... I was thinking of getting the group A kit ... But not sure yet... Might just see what she looks like with the full SS bar then ...

I just can't get the bloody wheel off ... I tried harsh pulling, gentle pulling, giving a slight tap with a mallet ... But no good ... I even got my neighbour to help, and see if he could pull it off (thinking I was a little weak) and he could not even make it budge... I am thinking I may just get a wheel puller and see how it goes... Might get the new wheel re-trimmed first then ...

stocky said:
door trim looks like a berlina, but the material on the seats look like an s pac. no idea what it is

I thought it was the S pack, but on the dash it only has the plain commodore badge. Doesn't the S have CommodoreS on the dash ???

AngryVN said:
nice vn man.. looks to me its an S pack, judging by the trim, mine is the same and its an S. keep up the good work!

Thanks mate.. Yeah as above... Does yours say Commodore on the dash or does it say CommodoreS ...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
hmm interesting. if you really are desperate, just go to supercheap and get one of those steering wheel pullers. i managed to get my wheel off without one though, just took a bit of work.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
nice car mate she looks good but i think u need to lose those hideous bid lights just above the number plate and yeh a steering wheel puller will be the go i just ended up using a gear puller for mine

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
vq statesy said:
nice car mate she looks good but i think u need to lose those hideous bid lights just above the number plate and yeh a steering wheel puller will be the go i just ended up using a gear puller for mine

Yeah, I know... There is the square clip holding them in place, that is like a couple of cm's square... It is hammered straight through the front bar, and if I take it off it is going to look just as silly with 2 wholes there ... (The lights were on the car when I bought it) ...

I am looking at doing some rust repair, and when done will take them out, fill it, and spray it also ... Just gotta save up the cash again tho ...

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Nice looking car mate :thumbsup: Whats the cerwin vega gear go like? Where'd ya pick it up from too?

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
s_pack said:
Nice looking car mate :thumbsup: Whats the cerwin vega gear go like? Where'd ya pick it up from too?

Got all the cerwin stuff from Precision which is just down the road from me.. As for the sound...

Front splits = :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rear 6x9's = :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Sub = :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Amps =:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deck I give :thumbsup: :thumbsup: +.5 - The only thing I don't like about the dec is the EQ. It is not as good as what my older deck is in my Sonata.. I am glad I kept that deck ..

Precision details can be found at http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=40201

Also some opinions about there work from other guys ...

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Starting to do a little matainance...

Replaced both wipers and blades, as the owner before me decided that cable ties and electrical tape are a good way to hold in the wiper blades.. And they were pretty crappy quality, so I replaced them on the weekend...

I also have bought and will continue to install the following: -

K&N Ram Pod
64_1_b.JPG

CAI
v6intake.JPG

Bosch ignition leads
Ignition_Leads360x204.gif

NGK Iridium Plugs
45_1_b.JPG

Then come an oil change, and just some other little things to make sure the car is in top shape.. Not quite sure of its service history, so will start with this ...