Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Accident

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
My first prang on my P's (Jurassic era..) taught me the golden roundabout rule : Dont skip thru them, because one day someone will have the same idea at the same time and then its accident report time down at the local cop station.

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
.. Showing P plater's specially teenage males accident scences probably WONT help.. most ignorant ppl will say "naahh that will never happen to me" and forget what they have seen in pictures the second they jump into their first car. im in western australia & 18 have been on my P's for 13 months now and havn't had an accident yet on the road... But then again i got all the "hooning" out of the way when i was a kiddy growing up on a farm & station.

Sure ive side-swipped many tree's, bulls for that point but that was off the road out of harm's way :D but theres no point about being stupid in public on the road, If you want to mess around and give ur car a go, get onto a closed curcuit for heaven-sake.

& if u lose it in the rain.. seriously get your tyres tread looked at or slow down oh yeah & dont think your unbrakable :D :p

"for all the n00b's out there"

Cheers
Mike :p No Hard feelings for the above mentioned

B

brock/owna

accidents happen easily this is whats left of my vn calais it happend on the o5/03/05 i was lucky to walk away

Attachments

• mr07$005car.jpg
    mr07$005car.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 193
  • mr07$005car (3).jpg
    mr07$005car (3).jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 218
  • mr07$005car (4).jpg
    mr07$005car (4).jpg
    157 KB · Views: 188

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
brock/owna said:
accidents happen easily this is whats left of my vn calais it happend on the o5/03/05 i was lucky to walk away
:eek: Lucky would be an understatement!! I see that the area around the driver was "relatively" unharmed. But still, the car was sliced in half and you walked away. I'm guessing that the sounds and images and what ifs are taking a long time to shake. Can I ask the circumstances of the accident?

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Sorry bout the car dude.
Still shouldn't have been accelerating through a round when wet...
I've never spun a car in the wet (still a learner though) even in the S/C VXII I still manage to not lose traction in the wet at all.
I think it's mostly due to my lack of acceleration, I rarely put my foot anywhere close to half down cuz of the price of petrol. :p
I have seen a person lose it at a roundabout once, young lady in a VR-VS Calais, not on P's but she still managed to over-cellerate toward the end of her turn and she just lost the back end and ofcourse the back end hopped the traffic island and smacked into what looked like a brand spanking new VY SS. It was a 6 too, so it's possible to lose it in 6, 8, 4, 2 just depends on your driving style and how much you value your life.

B

brock/owna

I was comming around a left bend in the hills night foggy and rainy a 70,s gemini heading into the bend was cutting the corner i swerved left arse end skipped out and he hit me in the side (better than head on) i was doing speed limit of up to 90 prior to bend un sure of other drivers speed and he can not be asked

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well I still haven't had my first accident with another vehicle. A kangaroo hit me though:p

Nearly three years and I'm still incident free. The car itself has been involved in one bingle. I was about 20m away sound asleep at the time, woke up to my car alarm going off.. Looked outside, couldn't see anything unusual, turned the alarm off, went back to sleep.. Got woken up 5 minutes later..

Went and looked at the car, I'd been hit up the coit by a old guy in a camper van.. Came down the hill, couldn't turn enough and just decided to ram my car that was in my driveway instead.

Apart from that I've had one near miss. Where I was driving around one day.. My clutch was slipping terribly. So I was fanging it, trying to kill the clutch Really properly. Came around a corner and fanged it expecting the clutch to slip, like it had about 50 times before hand.. But she gripped and the ass kicked out. So I corrected but it was too late, one of my tyres had hit the dirt on the left of the road and she looped me- Directly across the path of an oncoming car.

Thankfully he'd seen what was happening and stopped.. He wasn't impressed with my efforts.. But either was I.

At least that taught me to always expect the unexpected.

I've lost it countless times though. But usually always in the wet, at low speeds with noone around. Times where you grab second and unintentionally start spinning. So you hold it for as long as you can.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
brock/owna said:
un sure of other drivers speed and he can not be asked

meaning he died in the accident?

B

brock/owna

4 days after from deep vain thrombosis (was fatal with it and shouldnt have been driving)