Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My American bulldogs

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
I've got a male american bulldog too, he's the best dog I've ever had. he's a big goof tbh and barley even barks. I can't ever see him ever being agressive and I think that no matter the breed, dogs are pack animals and training and treating them right and discouraging bad behavior always will overcome the "instinct" to be agressive, no matter the breed.

they do look ugly though and tend to drool alot, like the thick frothy drool that catches bits of grass, dirt and sometimes even small twigs. I think it just adds character, but people do tend to back away from patting him when they see the drool.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
You do know when you seperate them its gonna have a big impact on both of them right?? They will become depressed which could make him worse… Honestly these breeds are rough,tough dogs. When they play its the way they are. You cant expect them to sit there all day and cuddle they arnt foxxys or maltese. I have a 2 american staffys and they slam eachother around like they are fighting but they not.. When you say you wouldnt be able to seperate them when they start fighting do you mean the boy turning on the kids or they 2 dogs fighting??

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
You must an extremely enthusiastic person, especially when you end every sentence with double (and even triple) exclamation marks.

well i never actualy took notice , but yeah im pretty serious about everything written on this thread..

lol.. i tryed so hard not to use the exclamation mark for ya troy..

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
You do know when you seperate them its gonna have a big impact on both of them right?? They will become depressed which could make him worse… Honestly these breeds are rough,tough dogs. When they play its the way they are. You cant expect them to sit there all day and cuddle they arnt foxxys or maltese. I have a 2 american staffys and they slam eachother around like they are fighting but they not.. When you say you wouldnt be able to seperate them when they start fighting do you mean the boy turning on the kids or they 2 dogs fighting??

i can and have seperated him when another dog bolted in the yard!!! but i know that none of my family couldve stopped him and i have 3 yr old twins im not risking getting caught in between em!! its not a risk i can take .. my family already laid a young child to rest in jan so i guess these things make ya realy think bout everything around the kids!

i love the dog but im not gambling kids for a dog!

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
i can and have seperated him when another dog bolted in the yard!!! but i know that none of my family couldve stopped him and i have 3 yr old twins im not risking getting caught in between em!! its not a risk i can take .. my family already laid a young child to rest in jan so i guess these things make ya realy think bout everything around the kids!

Not saying you should.. What im saying is that if the 2 dogs have been together for a while a they have formed a strong bond and then you suddenly separate them they are gonna be all depressed which could affect them majorly by leading to not eating, aggressiveness etc. Its your choice but when you say a dog has bolted in your yard and your dog got into a fight isnt that better then that stray dog attacking your kids if they were playing in the yard at the time?? If your dogs were not their to protect your family it could of been a kid that the stray dog attacked… Dogs are not just protectors tho as you would know they are part of the family.. Im not 100% sure of your situation and im not judging you or anything.. I hate seeing people *giving* there dogs away but at least your doing the right thing by making sure he is gonna go to a caring loving home. I wish i could take him.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01

Umm, reread what he said. The separation is not about violence as you jump to, which makes me a little sus on the dog, as you automatically go with that thought. UW1SH was talking about separating your two dogs. Y'know like they might pine.