Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Black 2004 sv6 sedan

Bizzy029

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black VZ sv6
Rockford Fosgate P2-2X12 DUAL SUB
160.jpg
the day the car was done, will take another tomorrow after it has settled (the rear tyre just sits under the guard.
136.jpg

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
what would be the best height to lower my car too?

it is sitting on VX SS 17" Wheels with 235/45/17 wheels already on FE2 Suspension..

WILL:
*2" on the fronts and 2 1/2" on the back be too low?
*Will i need to change my Shocks?
*Will i need a camber kit?
*Will i need the guards rolled?

what heights/lower are the different types of King springs? ie:
*SL?
*SSL?
*SSSL?

Give u an idea, my SV6 is sitting on Kings SL all round, the front stayed roughly the same height from FE2 but the rear dropped bout 1-1.5in. I was running the std SV6 17" but ive gone to VX clubsport 18"s. This has had no effect wat so eva due to the rolling diameter of both rims being 0.3% difference.
In saying that you'll def need a camber kit, u wont need ur gaurds rolled unless u go SSSL or 20in rims.
Also its usually a good idea if u change ur shocks at the same time but u dont have to they will prob last bout 6 months more. Ive still got my std FE2 front shocks in & sofar so good but my rears ive got monroe gt sport.

Bizzy029

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black VZ sv6
Updated first post...

CURRENT ISSUES:
*My speedo is out of whack sometimes my Speedo Needle doesnt stay on the '0' when starting the car and can be seen on sometimes on the 20-30kmh while sitting still at a set of lights (only happens every now and then and have too re-start the car too reset it too '0' ) is there a fix too this or is a new dash cluster the best option?

and where would be the best place too take this concern too?

Bizzy029

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black VZ sv6
Updated first post...

CURRENT ISSUES:
*My speedo is out of whack sometimes my Speedo Needle doesnt stay on the '0' when starting the car and can be seen on sometimes on the 5-20kmh while sitting still at a set of lights (only happens every now and then and have too re-start the car too reset it too '0' ) is there a fix too this or is a new dash cluster the best option?

and where would be the best place too take this concern too?

anyone able too assist?? still happening