Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My CV8R Monaro

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
Mate right now it's filthy. It's the yard at work, it's heaps dusty and when it rains it gets that mad Dubbo two tone paint job happening. It looks like a country car , especially with the uhf aerial (there is a valid reason as to why I have a UHF in the car).All I need now is RM Williams mud flaps and a Conargo Pub sticker. YEE-HAR.
Nah not yet Rich, I haven't done the homework to find out what number it is. You know what I'm like, I'm motivationally challenged.
I dunno about Nev, I'll ask him on Sunday if he wants to come, more than likely though. But are dogs allowed at McPhillamy Park?
I'll take a pic tomorrow in the light to show how dirty it gets at work. You'll cry.

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
looks pretty nice. got any special plans for it??

does it hit many speed bumps lowered?? thats the main reason why i wont be lowering mine... scraps on enough things as it is and besides i learnt the hard way after lowering my old car that its a pain in the butt with some of the places i go to...

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
Thanks dude, a pic of yours and mine together would look pretty good.
It sits pretty low but it still has a bit of clearance. The only place it really gives me any drama is the rear entrance to Mounties. And a little bit a Liverpool Westfields, I had a VN 5 litre before and it had a Westfields Modified System on it. It broke the bracket from the body to the pipe before the resonator when climbing one of their mountainous speed humps, she was pretty rowdy.
As for special plans I'm undecided yet. I was lucky when I bought it because everything so far had already been done to it. Saved bulk cash, so it was win-win. But because it's a CV8R, they made only 350 of them, so anything I do to it I want to be able to bring back to standard if need be. But a Harrop 6 piston front and 4 piston rear brake upgrade and one of their 8 throttle body kits and a cam would be nice.

This is the Dubbo Two Tone paint job. Thats 1 weeks worth of dust from the yard I work at. It's criminal, I know. But ya kinda get sick of washing it every day only to get dirty again the next day.

dubbotwotone.jpg

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
haha yea looks pretty messy!!

i had a VYII Calaias and i hated washing that, the chrome and everything just seemed to take longer compare to the monaro. yea them hurricane intakes look a treat... im doing the same, only modding it a little and keeping all standard parts....

they would look pretty sweet next to each other. i reckon a bunch of them would look sweet