Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My dad and I made a short shifter for my car today :D

manvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8i 5sp
hey ive got a vr manual, and the rubber shyt around the gear knob is pretty annoying, i dont really mind keeping the stock gear stick but the shyt around it really pisses me off, is so poxy. Got ne ideas?

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
You mean the stock shifter boot?

Is it the same as the one from the VN? With the ugly right-angled boot thingy... Don't know how to describe it.

I'm looking into attaching the vinyl shifter boot from a VS, I've bought the boot, a new retainer and a new console faceplate (ie. where the shifter and ashtray and everything poke through) and now I've gotta figure out how to butcher the boot into staying in place :)

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I got it straight from Holden Parts, they ordered it in from me. $35 I think, something like that anyway. It was the second one you linked to, "did you get the one like this one"

manvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8i 5sp
ok mad bro, i might go that way, or go thrifty styles and glues one from super cheap under the centre consol.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I also bought a new retainer and console 'panel' bit, ie. the bit that surrounds the gearshift lever and the ashtray. I found a dodgy way to attach the boot around the outside of the retainer, using the undersides of the clips to hold it in place, and then putting the boot + retainer into the panel from underneath and using a little bit of pressure on the little plastic retaining clips to hold it all in place. I'll try and take photos because I suck at describing how I did what I did, but it looks sweet and I'm pretty sure it won't come loose in a hurry. I won't be putting it into the car until I've finished painting the interior by the end of August though.