Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Daily Drift Ute Build

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Well i thought I'd start a thread on my Daily Drift Ute Project not something i do normally. I thought this might help a few people out there who have similar ideas or just bored and killing net time.

NAME: Jay

CAR: 03 S1 VY SS UTE M6
COLOUR: It's White with Gold/grey horrible bits at the moment
ENGINE: LS1 Fitted with Pacemaker Tri Y's some sort of cats and dogs going to twins with quad dump pipes not my thing but cant complain. King dragon panel filter in a very hacked up air box by me :)
TRANSMISSION: Stock 6Spd far as i know
DIFF: It says LSD on a tab might be working?
POWER: Hmmm it has some it's no power house but i think it should do me fine with a few bits here and there.
SUSPENSION: Stock FE2 with some sort of kings springs front and rears
BRAKES: Stock with some rubbish pads and useless handbrake that needs attention asap
WHEELS: Some 20's called SSW made in Thailand for quality there 8.5's 245 fronts and 255 rears came like that.
INTERIOR: SS interior that i think was blue but previous owner used black VHT vinyl spray to cover the seats and door cards to black.
EXTERIOR: Fake Maloo body kit with plasti dipped badges HBD hard lid.Kits fitted with wrong blots,screws.tape and cable ties for the raw poor i mean drift look.
AUDIO: No head unit at the moment it shorted out i think some sort of after market speakers in the doors.

I might have left stuff out or just have no clue about it etc so bare with me editing in the future.

FUTURE MODS: Unknown what ever i can change or fix i guess but it wont stay the way it is I'm sure of that. Basic goal is to still have it as my legal daily and get to a skid pan and track when i can to make a fool of my self.

Sorry for the old pic was going to clean it and put some better pics but the GC weathers looking shifty today. I look forward to you comments,input,feedback likes and dislikes as i attempt to actually do a build up.

I apologize now for some of the stupid questions you'll see on the forums and this thread in advance:)

IMG_0060_zpsc71a1a66.jpg

Last edited:

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Looks cool budd, i was reading everything you wrote before i scrolled down i was expecting a heap of ****, It looks tidy though :) will be cool to see some more pics :)

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
good luck with the build mate.
Thanks bro will try my best and see how that goes..

Looks cool budd, i was reading everything you wrote before i scrolled down i was expecting a heap of ****, It looks tidy though :) will be cool to see some more pics :)

Haha yeah it's ok been a bit slack with working on it just time and money all ways gets in the way. Yeah i know here's another old pic if i get some time after work. This weekend I'll try and give it a clean and take some off those pro looking pics but will really turn out like sh#t.

IMG_0107_zps67112d2b.jpg

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Thats looks really good brother!!!! Love the ride height. Question for you, you have standard FE2 shocks and aftermarket springs? From what i can make out your car is about the height of what i want my car to be (read as low as i can go due to driveway). Anyway, your car looks brilliant 10/10.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Thats looks really good brother!!!! Love the ride height. Question for you, you have standard FE2 shocks and aftermarket springs? From what i can make out your car is about the height of what i want my car to be (read as low as i can go due to driveway). Anyway, your car looks brilliant 10/10.

Thanks bro it does the daily duties in the warzone known as the GC lol. Really it sits higher in the back i think there SL's all round i know there FE2 shocks and King Springs. Ill get you the spring codes if you want when i have the wheels off for a bit of $2 spray can satin black treatment.

I think if you go with my set up if you can just not sure on the rears of Utes vs Cars? but I'm sure you will sit more level than mine. Yeah i understand low cars and driveways scraped many chassis rails back in the day. 10/10 nah i wish but thanks again bro....

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Got this stuff haven't had time to do a change yet maybe this week. New oil type and filter this time will give feedback once in.
SDC10915_zpsa4d31bf1.jpg

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
I was using Penrite as well.
Is it any good? i have been using Valvoline Engine Armour 10w30 and a GM filter. Thought I'd try this combo out its getting colder in the morning here almost NZ styles.