Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first encounter

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Well..... here i am hooning home from work, tired and hungry and as i zoom through a roundabout guess whos coming fromt he opposite direction, the men in blue!!!

As i knew i was going atleast 10 over i look up and yep cops turnign around at the roundabout, so i slow down to the speed limit and they put there lights on as im pulling into my street. So i pull over, asks me my age, whos car is this, have i been drinking etc. They give me a breath test and send me on my way.

Very happy indeed that i got off with nothing. All he said was "On your way, take it easy on the pedal".

So thats my first experience, how about others share theirs too maybe?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
When I had neons fitted to my car.. I was cruising down a 60 zone with two lanes on either side.. I was doing 80, as a lot of cars do..

I pass a divvy van heading in the opposite direction, look in my rear view mirror and they're doing a screeching u-turn (Excessive noise anyone?) but they pulled me over.. The guy breatho'd me and took my license back to the divvy van where they spent at least 10 minutes with it, in the meantime he kept coming back and forth asking about my car..

He said my neons were too low and he'd put a warning in there. Told me I'd be in bigger trouble if I got caught with them again, cuz my rego was in the database..

Nothing about the speeding though.. By the time they'd done the u-turn I was at like 40..

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
Infus10n said:
All he said was "On your way, take it easy on the pedal".

at which point you are meant to say

"why, how fast was i going?"

i got pulled over for apparently taking off too quick at the lights. it was probably more to do with the fact that anythign would look fast when compared to the bus in the other lane. as the cop was walking off he said to watch my speed, and then ignored all questions about what speed i was doing.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Would love to but im a Virgin.....never been touched by the boys in blue.

aZk.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I been pulled over a couple of times.. one was doing a couple of skids in the VK, "erratic driving" (forgot to indicate changing lanes) was doing like 2-3 km over the speed limit, finally pulled me up when I tossed a chewy wrapper out the car..

the copper was like "oh whos the car registerd to, doesn't match the license name" told him it was mums.. at which he laughed and told me it wasn't a nice thing to do to mums "pride and joy" he apparently had a list of things that I'd done wrong, which I hadn't.. told me I was going to cop a fine for littering - which I was happy with casue it was fair.. never recieved a thing, no warning, no late fine.. and this was well over 6-8 months ago

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
vh-holden said:
at which point you are meant to say

"why, how fast was i going?"

i got pulled over for apparently taking off too quick at the lights. it was probably more to do with the fact that anythign would look fast when compared to the bus in the other lane. as the cop was walking off he said to watch my speed, and then ignored all questions about what speed i was doing.

Yeh well i didnt want to push my luck, i dont like to be cheeky, coz i know i was atleast 10-15 over, so i count myself lucky, especially when im on my P's and only get 4 points.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
cautioned for doing 70odd in a 60 zone. and been rbt'd once. i try nto to give the cops an excuse to pull me up, im sure they must be sick of telling 101 p-platers or normal drivers to slow it down a little or to "whatch what you do" etc etc. help them help you i suppose.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
Infus10n said:
Yeh well i didnt want to push my luck, i dont like to be cheeky, coz i know i was atleast 10-15 over, so i count myself lucky, especially when im on my P's and only get 4 points.

ahhh, there are the problems

1 - don't ask it unless you are certain you werent speeding
2 - don't ask in a cheeky manner
3 - demerit point systems don't exist where i am from

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
I am constantly getting pulled over by the cops for "looking suspicious"

1 time for alleged burnouts at a local shopping centre at 2am, i was driving friends home from the city and just happened to be driving past the centre when a cop car pulled me over claiming it was me doing the "circle work". after 20mins of explaining to them that i was even in the same area all night and the proof of drunken friends in the car they let me off with a "warning"

i have also been "randomly" drug searched a futher 4 times. one of them included a full rego check and proof of ownership of my vehicle because a few VN's had been stolen around the area (that i didnt mind at all) at least they were out doing something usefull.

And lost 2 points for an illegal u-turn.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I got a bit worried one night after having a few beers, I had to go out and help my brother get his car towed for repairs. I was going down the road and it was night time. I was in the right hand lane, another guy sitting next to me in the left lane. I had a copper up my rear for about 2 k's and the cop moved to the left lane and bang! On goes the lights and pulled over that guy next to me for some strange reason. I thought then damn it could have been me and I may have been... "only a little bit over" :D

Never been done for drink drving before or pulled over for breaking the law. I have been pulled over by the booze bus twice and got 2 speeding fines in the mail - 9 & 7 k's over limit. :bang: