Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
20240422_130836.jpg

Center of pic, how's the oil got there....

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
No patience for ME V8 today. Am stuck on the bolt from bell housing to engine. Prob 2 o clock on the clock. Top 3 done but can't get a socket on this and been trying for over an hour so thrown the towel. I think I had the car higher before and maybe it let the TM hang lower but yeah highly frustrating times atm. Hardest part for me is trying to do what mechanics do with air compressors and rattle guns with spanners and sockets, but I made the bed so will lie in it.

Bike needs some tinkering and when I work on the bike things just work, none of this nonsense so will go tinker and get sommit done.

New input shaft seal isn't with me yet so no real rush. A break and another stab tomorrow me thinks.

Oh I did undo the 3 bolts holding FP to TC. All 3 real tight but once undone I could spin the TC no prob from the inspection circle. Am told this confirms I haven't crushed the seal for the oil pump, but tbh I have clue any more.

See what tomorrow holds...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Here’s another trans video that is old school and may help someone at home without a hoist

Me, Id want a hoist and trans lift or pay someone else… ending up too sore the next day if I’m doing such stuff :oops:

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Here’s another trans video that is old school and may help someone at home without a hoist

Me, Id want a hoist and trans lift or pay someone else… ending up too sore the next day if I’m doing such stuff :oops:
I was going to look but I’m not typing Trans Video into the work computer.
Nope.
Not doing that.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was going to look but I’m not typing Trans Video into the work computer.
Nope.
Not doing that.
Yep I made that mistake a while ago and I’m getting all sorts of stuff in my guest session as I don’t use google account or logging on my pc’s… yet they still know what I look at :eek::p:p

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8

My dolley trolley is heaps more stable. I have the whole of the pan pretty much flat on my trolley. Only prob is I can't raise it but I have it where it fits under the car between jacks and suff and just a bit of playing about with car height and it lines up good. I'm happy with that altho I'm sure I had the car higher so will do that first tomorrow, and then get back to them 2 bolts at 10am and 2pm on the clock undone, then I just have the bottom ones which a piece of pee to do.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

It’s quite a long video considering he doesn’t actually install the transmission. However, I did like his suggestion of jacking the transmission up on a plank and progressively adding chocks at each side of the car. I also liked his suggestion of the ‘studs’ to help with the alignment. But I thought that he could have told us about those ideas more concisely, but who am I to complain, it’s all good info. Thanks for posting. :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I couldn't see it being too difficult to add threaded rod in a couple of spots, either side of the bellhousing in the block to help line up the gearbox properly and bolt it in situ.

I have seen some motors that have this sort of arrangement for manual gearboxes, which I find a rather good idea...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have seen some motors that have this sort of arrangement for manual gearboxes, which I find a rather good idea...
I believe the Germans do this when mating gearbox and engine at the factory using jigs and guide rods before the driveline assembly is married to the body. I suspect most manufacturers would do similar.

I’m sure there are YouTube videos that clearly show this :cool: