Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV VP Stolen, stripped

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
sometime overnight, my VP was stolen from my folks place in nth balwyn, rolled down the hill to the park and stripped.

so far i've spotted they took the msd blaster coil, the ECU, the aluminium radiator and twin AU Fans, the HSV MOMO wheel, and my Starcorp 17" aeros, as well as a space saver and globes/high beams

not sure why they left the media PC, and fold out screen, but it's likely they didn't know what it was.

wheels had locknuts, and the car was immobilised (prior to this immobiliser wouldn't even accept the keyfob code, probably due to a flat battery)

looks like they jammed a rats tail file or similar under the drivers door handle, cos it's put a roud punch mark in the metal there too.

it's been towed to insurance now, so we'll see what they say, it was up on holden jacks and 2 treated pine sleepers, the weird thing is it looked like they'd spray painted the jacks silver under the car (paint on the grass round them)

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
They will most likely write it off due to age. Thats there way of getting old cars of the road good luck cheers.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
sorry to hear man, at least they didnt burn it!

hopefully they wont write it off, if there's no panel damage and the interior is all still there. i guess the cost of the rims will be the determining factor in if its a "repairable write off" in the insurance companys eyes..

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
What the ####! After all your work an effort, No ####ing way!

Seriously, #### people now days...

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
scum....####ing scum. cant work to get their own ****, i caught one guy trying to break into my vn, he ####ed the passenger side door handle, and the 4 month old fire hydrant red paintjob, lets just say he wouldve had trouble chewing for a good few weeks, and his dentist bill wasnt cheap.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Damn. Sorry to hear bud.

North Balwyn! wow, not an area I would expect much car theft.

What area of North Balwyn? I used to live there, near Leigh Park.

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
Sorry to hear. i do believe in karma trust me these idiots dont know whats comming to them and wouldn't of worked a hard day in their life i hope its not written off.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
I've spoken to racv, they say they'll pay it out as a hsv+6 then adjust for the cost of the v8, which is ok, because it was an hsv enhanced 6, before i put the 304 in, and i was worried they'd just call it an s-pack.

they also says they don't have a record of the car as a v8.
i find that bit is retarded because every time my policy comes, it says 3800, and i always call ravc and confirm, and they all say there was no field for the new engine info to be entered, but that there's a note in the comments section.

at the end of the day they've said it's a write off and valued at $3,200 (which has been adjusted for the v8) it's still a bit **** when the engine and gearbox set me back 2k. but i'd be angrier if they claimed it was just a stock v6, not the hsv enhanced.
waiting to hear from claims now.
as for buying back, i'd need a set of wheels to do that, and a place to keep it.