Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV VP Stolen, stripped

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i'm probably going to get around on my motorbike for a while, looking at a ute for the future, but want to save and get a newer model

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
at the end of the day they've said it's a write off and valued at $3,200 (which has been adjusted for the v8) it's still a bit **** when the engine and gearbox set me back 2k.

You can usually always count on the costs of modifying any vehicle being irrecoverable.

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
I've spoken to racv, they say they'll pay it out as a hsv+6 then adjust for the cost of the v8, which is ok, because it was an hsv enhanced 6, before i put the 304 in, and i was worried they'd just call it an s-pack.

they also says they don't have a record of the car as a v8.
i find that bit is retarded because every time my policy comes, it says 3800, and i always call ravc and confirm, and they all say there was no field for the new engine info to be entered, but that there's a note in the comments section.

at the end of the day they've said it's a write off and valued at $3,200 (which has been adjusted for the v8) it's still a bit **** when the engine and gearbox set me back 2k. but i'd be angrier if they claimed it was just a stock v6, not the hsv enhanced.
waiting to hear from claims now.
as for buying back, i'd need a set of wheels to do that, and a place to keep it.

Still dont like insurance companys though :bomb:

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
yep, they're gonna try to sting me for $550 excess, but they can cram it. 9 years insurance and rating one for life, they can bite my banger if they think i'm coughing that up.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i'll lend you a set of 16s if thats all thats stopping you.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i'll lend you a set of 16s if thats all thats stopping you.

thanks heaps man. nah not just that i hadn't driven it in a bit, and don't have anywhere to keep it at my unit (garage is for the bike) not keen to put it out the front of my folks place and have similar happen again.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
the weird thing is it looked like they'd spray painted the jacks silver under the car (paint on the grass round them)

i rekon the paint is to mask fingerprints on the jacks... but what about the rest of the car???:p

damn shame man sorry to hear these rats need to burn in hell, fkn low life scum

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Cleaned up thread as turned into usual **** fight. This is about pow3rslave's stolen car and he would like the thread to just discuss that, not the insurance excess.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
thanks heaps man. nah not just that i hadn't driven it in a bit, and don't have anywhere to keep it at my unit (garage is for the bike) not keen to put it out the front of my folks place and have similar happen again.

Well shoot me a pm if u change ur mind, I would be buying it back too!