Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV VP Stolen, stripped

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Buy it back and sell it, if you dont want to keep it. money will help fund the ute. Suppose it depends on how much they will charge to buy it back . . . .

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
^^ Sorry to say but if you want to claim you'll be paying. Insurance companies are there to make money not to give handouts.

In my experience, most recently with Shannons, I wasn't out of pocket even for the excess as it wasn't my fault. Same goes for two previous claims at other times in my life. Bottom line is you shouldn't be out of pocket for something that's not your fault if you have full comprehensive insurance. Your insurance company will persue the party at fault (or their insurance company) for the costs, and in the OP's case, that will need to be whoever stole the car and caused the damage etc.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
If they can't find who "stole" the car who pays the excess then ?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
sucks to hear tim that was a really nice car you put a lot of work into id be buying it back and if its not re registerable wreck it out youll make a decent return with everything your car has in on it

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
yeah, not reregisterable apparently. i got a lot of parts sitting in my garage, plus some that hadn't gone back onto the car and i'm hanging on to (letterbox grill, front bar lip, lsd, 3.45s, pacies, almost full nolathane set, and full 2.5" twin system for live axle)
will probably put this lot up for sale in a bit.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I really wouldn't have thout this would be in the statutory write category.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
$3,200? that sucks dude. i had my rock stock vp calais insured with shannons for $5,500, and they paid every cent. after my excess and buyback (back for $200) i pocketed 4,400. after 8 years of spray painting and doing jobs for racv ammi and the rest of the cheap low rate mobs ive learned to steer clear of them. when it comes getting something back from the hard earned money you pay them, they cut corners and make you grab your ankles.....

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thats ridiculous, not reregisterable because its got no wheels and no coil. That law was obviously passed by some scum bag polly who gets chauffer driven and doesn't even have a license.
At least ask them how much to buy it back. Someone on here would probably buy it from you for a profit for parts.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
so i just had a call with RACV/nrma (not the claims department, but with some data entry lady.)
she said i'd have to call claims dept tomorrow if i wanted to ask any question, but the gist of the notes on the case was that they will pay

$3,200
-550 (excess)
-650 (rego)
=2000

there's already been a shitfight about excess, so i'm not asking about that, but i don't know what to make of the rego thing
so i'm thinking they expect me to cash in my rego (which comes up every june) and that this comprises someting they can knock this amount off my payout.

has anyone come up against this with RACV insurance?