Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new project VK.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
This thing looks so clean mate, what a gem.
Can I ask how much you picked her up for? What kind of KM's she has and did she come with reg or rwc?
I'm starting to look around at VK's and want to paint myself a picture...

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Thunder Sandman, 6-speed Manual
Cost me 1K off of an 82 year old man, first owner. Has 400 and something thousand on the clock. And he gave it to me with registration but told me don't rack up any fines and to get a RWC I'd need to change the wheels. And thankyou Darren great help. I'll be looking at hopefully an Aussie 5.0L.

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344759844.855742.jpg

Ripping everything out of car to clean shell from rust and then spray. Cleaning the upholstery. Left is after and right is before, sorry about the mix up.

Anyone also know, the electric windows are taking a long to wind up, new motor? One door only opens from outside not inside, rip open door shell and see if spring or something is broken? Cruise control aint working? Does that mean the dash isn't working or something in the loom?

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car being stripped for paint job and sound deadening. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344929739.430992.jpg

Can someone tell me what this black **** is? Also I pulled some wires up from it and they just came free. I'm hoping it was the earths because there was no other side to the wires in the black crap. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344929906.821089.jpg

Hmmmm and I don't know who made this car, but see if you can spot the complete disgrace to an Aussie car in the photo. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344929952.651717.jpg

brockzila

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
Car being stripped for paint job and sound deadening. View attachment 147224

Can someone tell me what this black **** is? Also I pulled some wires up from it and they just came free. I'm hoping it was the earths because there was no other side to the wires in the black crap. View attachment 147225

Hmmmm and I don't know who made this car, but see if you can spot the complete disgrace to an Aussie car in the photo. View attachment 147226

That black **** is sound deadening just give it a clean and put your new stuff on top if you want.

Could tell you what the wires are for id say they were from an aftermarket fitment.

Those bloody nazis still causing trouble lol

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
I followed the wires back through the right passenger and driver door to behind the dash board and all of them were taped up to each other at the end and attached to nothing lol. Yeah I'm going to dynomat the whole thing and make it like a silent cave.

GoodTimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
So there is nothing left in the car, sprayed some not run paint down over most of the interior and now starting to sand and clean up engine bay. Firstly does anyone know, using the original K frame how would one go about dropping a LS1 in. Also how could I conver electric windows to manual? And also get rid of the locking system
But still the door handle system? This car is now becoming a burnout car.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Mate You can use you K Frame to mount an LS1. Just get some manual window winders. Should be able to get cheap from wreckers or ebay. To get rid of your locking system just remove the slide lock and connecting rod. Seems a pity to destry a good calais.