Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Ride

wogboy_9000

Reaction score
Hey Buddy, you've done some good work to that ute!
Where did you get the gas conversion done? I'm looking at getting the 5.0 done!

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
i did it myself lol, i do them at work, so at least i get that benefit i guess lol

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
No, at the moment it is just a standard kit as fitted to cars for the last billion years lol, dont even have an oxy feedback sys on it yet, just a manual adjuster, im still waiting for the electronics side of it to show up, they are on back order from italy, but i have a 90L tank behind the cab, and as for power loss, i have a bit more on petrol (i wouldnt have guessed that after fitting a vapor ring that is only about 50 odd mm iin diameter, so maybee its all about airspeed, not airflow) and on gas, almost un noticable in low range revs, but up high after about 3500 when hard accel it feels to be leaning out a lot, but that will all fix up after the feedback sys goes on it, and it seems to run out at about 4600 on pet, so thats the intake restricion coming into play. But at the moment, its all worth it, im getting about 16l/100k on gas, as opposed to about 11l/100k on pet, gas l/100k will improve with closed loop sys, but even now, at about 65c/l for gas, its WAY cheaper :D and like my sig suggests, i still know where the pet switch is wen i want the ponies unleashed :D (side note, it could still spin the rears in the dry with a tandem trailer with an xf ute on it while i was on gas)

The Write Stuff

I can't find the any key
Reaction score
Northern Suburbs, Home of Melbourne's quickest str
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
1993 VR Commodore S
Nice ride there mate. I love the old VR and VS utes (which is why I own one lol) and appreciate someone who has done all the work themselves.

Interesting to see you lose power on gas as mine picks up grunt and makes a heap more torque on it - more than what it makes on V Power or Ultimate.

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
yeah, the fuel system on it is in almost top nick aside from a couple of leaky injectors, it has a custom tune in it, so its always been great on petrol, ill see how it is when i get the gas electronics side sorted, i wouldnt mind chattin to a computer/electronics geek that could make an interface device to allow the gm puder to control a gas stepper motor, either that, or fork out for a Vapor injection kit, and interface those injectors the the ecu, or wait and see if they get around to releasing the LIQUID gas injection kits at an affordable price, they are supposed to be the bee's knees, the gas bloke we get our stuff from says that every car that has been tested has picked up about 10% poer over pet, and an increase of 3 - 7% better mileage as well

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
long time since i been here, car pretty much same, gas sys is finished off, still woefull on power wen on gas, but makes me appreciate petrol a lot more, ahh, i now have slotted vt rotors on front, alpine tyre r component speakers, k&N pod filter, steering wheel, should be gettin new exhaust soon i hope too