Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new vx r8

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
taken it for a spin since you put it on? Notice much difference in handlin?

94CLUBBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 HSV CLUBSPORT NO.356
Hi,even though it handled great before seems to be just that bit tighter now,it was a bastard to fit,just trying to hold the head of the bolt when it was getting tightened up was a act because there isn't much room even with the struts dropped down,anyway where i live we have one way in and and one way out which is the wainui hill road that really puts a cars supension and tyres to the test,i'll put a picture up later you'll see what i mean,cheers

Attachments

• Picture 942.jpg
    Picture 942.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Picture 941.jpg
    Picture 941.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

94CLUBBY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 HSV CLUBSPORT NO.356
update on this strut bar i just fitted its been a real bitch,when i put it on yesterday i noticed that it actually was touching the bonnet making it not sit right when closed!!,so got out there this morning and bent it a bit straighter then it was touching the master cylinder so had to grind some material away to clear and not to mention sqwashing the windscreen washers hoses so they weren't working,so much for bolt on part,seems to me whiteline stuffed up on this one,its a real heavy duty bar thicker than a VY clubby strut bar but wished i'd just got a second hand VY strut bar now would be of been a peice of cake to fit compared,but looks mint now and handles awesome

1998GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 HSV VT GTS 5.7 Stroker
Hell!! i see what you mean about being close to the mastercylinder. Not really a fan of Whiteline products,but that's just me.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I have a Pedders (rebadged whiteline) strut bar fitted to mine, it just clears the master cylinder and it rubs on the under felt on the bottom of the bonnet. Apart from that no issues. It's worth it though, made the steering more direct.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Sweeeeeeeeeet machine
just got my vx r8 this week and i love it,it has 20,s,chipped and tuned for 300kw,what do you think,payed $19,000nz and has done 126k,s,goes extremely well

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Want those tail lights and garnish :p

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000