Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New VY Calais

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
Quick update. New Headers, Painted Feet and New 35% tints. Dropping her this weekend, hopefully 50mm, and getting the zorst custom made.

Last edited:

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
looking good. are you planning on deleting the towball? it would clean up the back end of the keleis.

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
Yip most definitely. Just handy at the moment for when pricks like to parallel park right up my arse. :yeah:

full_force1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais LS1
Nice clean calais mate, mines on SL's with Munroe gt sport short shocks handle well.

Any plans to delete the wing? Smooths the rear end on them nicely.

Get a tune otr etc and youll be laughing, big improvement once I got mine tuned, so much better to drive.

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
Nice clean calais mate, mines on SL's with Munroe gt sport short shocks handle well.

Cheers, Im installing Dobi SL's and the same shocks as your Munroes this weekend, out of curiosity did you have to put in a camber correction bush kit when dropping yours? Ive read some people saying yeah you definitely need it but then others saying nah you dont?

Any plans to delete the wing? Smooths the rear end on them nicely.

Looking at getting rid of it and replacing with the senator bobtail, some reason it attracts me.

Get a tune otr etc and youll be laughing, big improvement once I got mine tuned, so much better to drive.

Hopefully look at getting otr and mafless tune early next year. I really just want her to drive nice and cruisy, im not much interested in speed, but really keen on a lumpy cam, purely for sound - almost like an old school v8 grumble. Am still up in the air at the moment though, so will continue to do some research as to what will fit my wants. For now I will focus on getting her looking the part and just keeping her serviced and as we say in the Puss "Medically fit or Fit for sea".

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
All IRS models that get lowered end up with bad camber. Id recommend getting a 4 point adjustable camber kit installed. I put a whiteline kit on mine

full_force1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais LS1
I didn't put one in mine but if I was to go lower I would put one in as no inner wear yet but any lower it would.

borrttt

Gday
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina L67 2004
Guarantee you'll see wear with any lowering. I have Lovells superlows in and probably dropped 40-50mm and I got really bad wear before putting a camber kit in.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
All IRS models that get lowered end up with bad camber. Id recommend getting a 4 point adjustable camber kit installed. I put a whiteline kit on mine

Dont need it as much on a vy , only vx series 2 and under had really bad camber wear .

b_lake1

Salt Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY Calais
with no real mechanical experience(chef by trade), managed to drop the 8 this long and productive weekend. Definitely helps having the right tools. Also tinted the tail lights with 2 coats of VHT Night-Shades. I hope the front settles some more, I think it is sitting too high. Haven't installed the camber correction kit yet, although it doesn't look like it needs it, but seeing as I have it, no harm in replacing. Time for my exhaust to hurry and be finished.