Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
now this i cant wait to here some more about its gonna be mad so they forced the missus out then oh well there loss aye got my exhaust to the rear now just got too get a few tweaks done this week and its finished

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
now this i cant wait to here some more about its gonna be mad so they forced the missus out then oh well there loss aye got my exhaust to the rear now just got too get a few tweaks done this week and its finished

good to hear your still kicking it somewhere. yep they got her out of there quick, we just found out they hired someone else into a position they can't legally fill for 6months. lawyers will be hired and complaints made...payout coming our way hopefully. hahahaha lol it took em only 2 weeks to **** up the accounts. last month she had less then $10k outstanding from approx $15million turnover. this month after the other people took the accounts there's a couple million outstanding and they've ****ed off the 3 major cutomers to boot

got all the NOS bits out this morning and loosly assembled everything to check everything goes where it should. i suspect that the purge solenoid may have a faulty coil as it reading the same resistance accross coil as the main N20 solenoid(but it's only a 3rd the size). i guess well see if it blows the fuse when i test it properly otherwise everything looks good.

need to go and get some high pressure fuel line and fittings so i can plumb up the fuel side of things and maybe a hobs switch just as a safety precaution incase there is a fuel pressure failure and i grenade the engine.

also need to get some wiring and high amp relays and a couple of switches so that i can wire the whole thing up. also considering cutting the bottle brackets and fitting hinges so it's easy to remove the bottle rather then needing to slide it out of the top of the brackets, a 15lbs bottle is a lot longer then the standard 10lbs bottle and there isn't enough room in the boot to get it out easily. gonna make an easy to remove bracket to mount the solenoids on so that at WOF time it's easy to remove the bracket and it looks all sweet and i don't get any hassles from the testing station. i've got little -3AN caps so that i can block the 2 inlet ports on the fogger nozzle so there isn't a vacuum leak when the solenoids aren't connected

Attachments

• NOS fogger setup for VN V6.jpg
    NOS fogger setup for VN V6.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
stripped the 65mm TB from the other V6, gonna take it to work tonight for a good clean and modification and then it can go on my intake. also picked up a couple of relay base blocks so now i just need to figure out the wiring and i can start that at work also.

looks like i'm going to have to rethink how i'm going to mount the 2 solenoids, it's not going to fit how i originaly though. i need to fit the main feed line from the boot to the engine bay to see how much extra slack is avail. unfortunatly it's been raining on and off all morning so it doesn't look like i'm going to get much done today

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
the new TB is finished, nice and clean. thinned the butterfly shaft and knife edged the butterfly and smoothed out that big ridge in the casting. just need to fit the TPS and IAC and it can go on the VN

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
the new TB is finished, nice and clean. thinned the butterfly shaft and knife edged the butterfly and smoothed out that big ridge in the casting. just need to fit the TPS and IAC and it can go on the VN
Got any pics of the finished product? :p

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got any pics of the finished product? :p

sure can, the first pic is the modified 65mm TB, the throttle shaft is about 1/2 it's original diameter when 100% open. there's no thread hanging out of the bottom of hte shaft like the standard TB and i've countersunk the screw heads into the shaft so they don't stick out as much either (unfortuntaly the countersunk tool bit at work was blunt otherwise you wouldn't really see the screw heads at all. hopefully my one at home is sharper)

i've added a standard 60mm TB for comparison although i've aready filed the back of the threads of so that i could remove the butterfly but they would normally hang out about 2-3mm

Attachments

• modified TB.jpg
    modified TB.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 346
  • standard TB 001.jpg
    standard TB 001.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 372

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok, the V8 TB is fitted, checked the base idle and IAC is working fine. i'll try and get out later today to give it a run to see how it goes

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
went out this morning to see if the mystery tune in the VN i'm wrecking is any good. did a [email protected] with a 6.827s 0-60mph but still only a 2.3s 60ft time. it's now chirping the wheels when going into 2nd gear.

still only launching with stuff all RPM and i'm not giving it full gas untill well over 3500rpm otherwise it's smoke city on the 14" wheels

still it's an improvement of .1sec for the 0-60mph and 1/4mile times. not bad for a very traction limited car, it's going to be great when i can finally get it to hook up properly and a decent clutch that holds up properly

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
ordered a MSD ignition this morning, with this i can retard the timing with the nitrous on and still tune with lots of advance for optimum timing when not using the NOS, this way i can use a bigger shot of nitrous without grenading the engine. will probably fit the spare engine i have, once i've got my garage setup with a new block and tackle so that engine swaps will be easy. going to reco the spare T5 i have and, new clutchplate and put the whole lot in the VN, that way i save my low mileage engine and trans and i won't be to worried about pushing it and running a biggershot of NOS in it.

also got a fuel presure gauge coming and a fuel pressure switch which i will wire into the control circuit for the NOS activation, that way if the fuel pressure drops it will automatically shut down the nitrous system and save me melting pistons