Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My project Corolla.

sim_vs

can't work out avatars :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
Thought i might chuck up some pics and info of my project car im farting around with at the moment, i had a VS statesman on 20's a couple years ago but got bored of it, so heres my new toy :).
its a 1974 ke26 corolla panelvan, pretty rare car around these parts, theres not many windowless corolla vans getting around. i originally wanted a mazda 1300 wagon, but people wanted to much coin for them and my lil corolla is alot more obscure plus i love the shape, having owned afew corollas of the same era in the past.
i bought it last october from sydney, got it sent down to melb, had a blown r31 skyline diff, rooted corona 4spd box and munted 13b turbo from a series 4 rx7. soon as i got it i got stuck into it stripping everything i could from it, a year has passed and its still a shell lol. slightly different however.
heres afew pics showing how it looked wen i started to how it currently looks.

when i first got it.
newcar1wp0.jpg

newcar4oo0.jpg

newcar5dg7.jpg

newcar2fo5.jpg

heres how it currently sits (after having alot of work done)
newcar88wh7.jpg

newcar91pk2.jpg

newcar92xw0.jpg

newcar93vl0.jpg

ive got wayyyy too many pictures to put up. anyone that is interested i can put up some more info on it such as its specs etc.

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
very nice, what you building it for? shows, tough street car, drag etc?

sim_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
thanks guys. its still stripped atm, needing to upgrade prety much everything in the car as most of the stuff the previous owner had on it was either standard or stuffed. just got the car back a week ago from getting 1/2 cage/tubs/fuel cell/diff shortening/seat mounts/trans tunnel work done so thats how it sits atm. just toying around with brake/clutch master setups atm and figuring out where im gonna mount my fuel pumps.
the motor for it is all built, had to scrap most of the motor as it was severly corroded, its a very strong bridge port turbo now, its all built and ready to go in the car, along with a garrett to4z etc.
will be going to get the panel work sorted out and primed then ill be bringing it back home to do afew more things before the final colour gets done :).
will still be a street car, more of a weekender, few drags, not really into shows, so it won't be a perfect show pony, but will still look great.

sim_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
ill be dummy fitting the motor n getting a zorst manifold made up for the turbo n dummy fit that n sort out the cooler piping etc before it goes to get sprayed, so ill b getting plenty of pics of all that.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
this looks interesting... keep us posted!

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
go the old rolla :D

sim_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
thanks guys.
heres a quick pic of my finished motor, all nice n shiny, n a pic of the turbo i bought for it, its a ball bearing garrett to4z, rated at 800hp, .70 A/R, 1.15 rear

enginefinishty2.jpg

newcar40az6.jpg