Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Quicksilver VY SS

hastey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Series 1 Auto
Very nice indeed - love the engine bay, the OTR looks ex factory!!

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Well its been a while and taken me a long time to get organised to finish off the battery system, but I have not got it 90% fitted (just need to run the link wire between the isolator and primary battery). Though I would post up an update.

dbs_by_non_artistic_person-d3aqb3o.jpg

optima_by_non_artistic_person-d3aqauj.jpg

stinger_by_non_artistic_person-d3aqaqt.jpg

(Isolator solenoid is mounted up underneath the second batteries tray)

Ben0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-pac
Oh hey...I know you, your the dude that works at autobarn.

Looks like you've done some serious wiring there.

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
well its been quite a while since I've posted here so thought I would do a quick update.

Not much has happened lately, cars been off the road for the last week and a half, sent front and rear bumpers off to get resprayed. This meant that the sub boxes and everything. Thought it was the perfect opportunity to start dynamatting the boot.

pics_by_non_artistic_person-d45y5at.jpg

pic2_by_non_artistic_person-d45y5fk.jpg

terrible pic :p

pic3_by_non_artistic_person-d45y5i2.jpg

have to finish off the rest of the tyre well tomorrow, but has made a decent improvement already in exhaust resonance through the boot floor and panels vibrating from subs

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Chasing opinions also, while the front bumper is being painted, the guy painting asked me if I want to put black grill mesh in the bumper down in the section underneath where the number plate is, what you's think?

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Fitted up catch can and fixed up the Oil pressure sender.

The oil pressure sender rubbed against the oil filter so was a pain when it came service time so I made a braided line so that the sender can sit on the rocker cover.

ss_by_non_artistic_person-d4mqf09.jpg

ss_by_non_artistic_person-d4mqf1j.jpg

ss_by_non_artistic_person-d4mqf2e.jpg

ss_by_non_artistic_person-d4mqeyh.jpg

ss_by_non_artistic_person-d4mqfje.jpg

Lines were made with Speedflow -4 200 series teflon hose, with steel -4 fittings. I forgot to mention to the supplier I wanted a black -4 -> 1/8th NPT fitting so they sent the standard blue. doesnt match the rest of the engine bay but it will do.

ss_by_non_artistic_person-d4mqehy.jpg

ss_by_non_artistic_person-d4mqeju.jpg

Return hose to intake manifold was drilled and tapped to allow for the -6 100 series braid to be connected.
The other breather hose will be done with -6 braided hose also, waiting on parts so i can tap the valve cover and throttle body to put the fittings into.

ss_by_non_artistic_person-d4mqdx6.jpg

Last edited:

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
mesh would look good... i also think you should get him to paint the lower black part of the front bumper silver. Will look much cleaner...

sxchsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY S2 SV8 5.7
I Love it, I also have a Quicksilver Sv8, and in the middle of doing Custom stereo install and mods and so forth, the OTR CAI is Awesome! Mine has that same little Deadspot about 2500rpm..
I'm Using Stinger Roadkill but same stuff pretty much...
Nice and Neat Project you have there Buddy :)

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I Love it, I also have a Quicksilver Sv8, and in the middle of doing Custom stereo install and mods and so forth, the OTR CAI is Awesome! Mine has that same little Deadspot about 2500rpm..
I'm Using Stinger Roadkill but same stuff pretty much...
Nice and Neat Project you have there Buddy :)

The deadspot which i had at 2500rpm was fixed when I got the car mafless tuned. not sure if its an issue with Holdens factory tune or the maf sensor was dirty.

How do you find the stinger stuff, never used or seen it before? I went the dynamat because my rep got me some of it cheap.