Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Ride..VZ SV6

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
looks good mate wat tyre pressures were you running? I wouldn't mind running my ute down the strip but haven't got much clue lol

first run was about 38 psi, second was 30 psi, and last run i just went all out and dropped it down to about 20 psi...Its bloody good fun..they should have a jccc meet there for the night

bread

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
well i went to wsid to night and ran the sv down the 1/4 mile

1st run: 16.0... had lots of wheel spin.. then dropped tyre pressures.

2nd run: 15.3.. left hard of the line and no clutch slip.dropped tyre pressure again

3rd run: 15.6.. had slutch slip most of the way...and bad start...

now i will be getting the diff and the clutch done...My average speed was 148km/h just as i hit the line i was in 4th...but it was bloody good fun...the most fun u can have with out taking your pants off...:D

lol i need one of those.

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
yeah i'll be going back soon...just got 2 get my clutch done..It took a bit of punishment on the night...

i would like run other v6's and sv6's to see how they would match up..I ran a ss wagon auto and keep up with him off the line till the end I ran 15.6 (with clutch slip) ,
ss wagon ran 14.9...so i would think it would be a very good night..

should ask around!!!!

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
148km/h is a high et speed considering you only ran in the high 15s. I run 14.4 and get 150km/h trap speed.

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
yer we have drag here every year or half year cant remember but should go have a crack!

rooboi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Nice .. can anyone tell me how much the diff ratio change will cost me .. im an SV6 Owner myself.

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
Nice .. can anyone tell me how much the diff ratio change will cost me .. im an SV6 Owner myself.

hey mate, im about to get my diff ratio done and it will cost me about $700 and they will supply the 3.08 gears, new bearings,new oil, and tighten the LSD up. and they are also puting a line locker in 4 $150...

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
well just put a growler kit on it and i must say there's not much of a difference with power just a intake sound..

has anyone else got one????

ROLNBG

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 M6
went to newcastle yesterday and picked up a 2nd rear sub frame but just wanted the diff so i got spare parts if anyone wants to buy it off me..

it's 3.08 LSD so i started to pull the diff apart to look at the crown wheel and pinion and i think that it might have a mini spool in it because when u spin it it's always locked only when u go very slow it unlocks. or could the LSD be stuffed. But it should be going in next weekend.

finally my new clutch has arrived it's a extreme heavy duty which comes with single flywheel (billet), 30% greater clamping force pressure plate, cushion button clutch plate and a bigger master cylinder,.

heres a few pic's of the diff.

Last edited: