Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Series II VS Ute

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Yea i am the same, i have exact same box, i also sound deadened the whole enclosure and made a divider between box and tank, have removed both ports from the back of ute wall as well to let sound through.
I have a pioneer championship series sub, whats your sound like. My one is ok but want it better, its like the box or something is too small it distorts easily. As in doesnt have that crisp punchy sound.
Thoughts

JTR007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB, VN, VS, VX & VF
mine sounded great, i did have a full system at one stage which help. spent ages fine tuning it all. MTX component speakers in the front, as well as Kicker 6x9s behind seats then swapped them out for Pioneer 6"s.

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Yea got kicker splits in front running off a two channel Fly amp and a mono block running the sub, need someone to have a play with the tuning i think. Lucky my zaust is bloody loud so dont need tunes that much

J.Wood

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute SI
Reading this forum makes me want to start doing more to my ute, but then I remember Im still at school and on my L's ahah makes it so annoying! Can I ask how much did you guys spend in total for the sound systems?

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Splits, sub, 2 amps and head unit maybe just under 1500 i would think. But i went high quality gear could do a lot cheaper

J.Wood

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute SI
Jezzz that's a solid price ahah, awh well may as well if you are willing to spend that! Id love to get another amp and get rid of my sub behind the seat and do 2 6x9's instead! I only got pioneer speakers, a sony xplode behind the passenger seat and a sub under the tray running off a fusion amp, so needs a bit of improvement ahah, but not overly fussed I want extractors and my LSD installed before that :spot on:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeap about 1400, splits, sub, one amp powering sub and head unit. I installed splits, amp and head unit, stereo place did sub, box and set sub/amp.

Dobesz, if you're not totally happy with sub sound, yeah I can recommend get someone to dial it in. I couldn't be happier with how mine was set up and that set up is done never have to worry about but still have plenty of adjustability depending on what you're listening to with the sub gain and tune ability in the head unit

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
J Wood, patience, I know that's easier said than done. Use this time to work out exactly what you want to do and then use that as motivation to save for those things, also learning how to do things after trial and error can save some and give a greater sense of achievement

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Yeap about 1400, splits, sub, one amp powering sub and head unit. I installed splits, amp and head unit, stereo place did sub, box and set sub/amp.

Dobesz, if you're not totally happy with sub sound, yeah I can recommend get someone to dial it in. I couldn't be happier with how mine was set up and that set up is done never have to worry about but still have plenty of adjustability depending on what you're listening to with the sub gain and tune ability in the head unit

Yea who do you recommend mate? As its never been properly dialled in, and lost all the settings on the head unit when batterie was out.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yea, don't know down that way , I'd just say ask around or Google car audio specialty shops and have a chat, find one you like/ they seem to know what they're talking about. I'd bought splits and then later head unit at auto barn, went back to them for sub but wasn't happy with what they were saying and the splits turned out to be sh*t.
Googled car audio and went to Newcastle pro sound ( I think it's a bit far for you unless your already planning a big road trip ha ha ) .
Went and had a chat and ended up buying new splits, amp and sub of them, they also said they'd make and fit a sub box.
I originally declined and went home and fitted everything but sub, did research into sub boxes and then decided for 300 they could make, install and set up sub/amp. Better than me f**king around and not getting it right for ages and not being happy