Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Silver VE SV6

pedobbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Acclaim
Well this is my first post, been around this site for a couple of years, recently bought this VE after having a VZ for a couple of years. Got it with 85,000 K's on it for $24,000.

Its Auto, has leather and a sunoof. Really love the interior of the VE's.

I bought it with the 19" wheels as pictured and im pretty happy with them, not 100% sure whether ill get some 20's for it or not. Undecided whether i like them or not.

First thing i did was take the wing off and put on some quad tips off an HSV which has given it a nice note. Also got a Clubsport front bar from a wreckers that was brand new for $400 which was a steal, just need to get th fog lights, but not really too worried about them.

Also just recently tinted the tail lights, thought if give it a go to see if i like it, happy with how it has turned out. One thing i want to add is a lip spoiler in it, possibly i black, what are your thoughts on a black lip wing guys? I attached a little mock up i did on my phone before i tinted the lights.

Thanks for looking and any comments would be appreciated.

pedobbs

Attachments

• photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_0781.jpg
    IMG_0781.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 540
  • IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 689

blown vess

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
looks good mate noticed the screw holes where the wing came off (still havent fixed mine yet either)

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
I think it looks great so far :) the black lip would definitely look good, but i reckon you're better off getting the black SSV taillights instead, partly because itll look really good with the lip, and partly because cops will ping you for the tinted taillights...

Otherwise i also reckon stay with the 19's, lower it an inch or so, and maybe get bigger brakes later on?

Last edited by a moderator:

2004_VZ_Acclaim

Bonkers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
I think it looks great so far :) the black lip would definitely look good, but i reckon you're better off getting the black SSV taillights instead, partly because itll look really good with the lip, and partly because cops will ping you for the tinted taillights...

Otherwise i also reckon stay with the 19's, lower it an inch or so, and maybe get bigger brakes later on?

On top of what he said - Car looks good and so does the tint job :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

pedobbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Acclaim
Thanks for the comments guys. In regard to the hsv comments the only reason I got the front bar was because some jack ass reversed into me with a tow bar and this came along for a steal. And as I'm only 20 an extra $1500 a year insurance wasn't my cup of tea.

Ye the holes haven't been filled. Not really a thing I'm worried about at the moment.

Appreciate the comments guys.

blown vess

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
I put a black calais lip on mine looks great

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Looks nice mate, I'd go with the silver lip spoiler or none at all than a black lip spoiler but if you like it then go for it.

tonkass

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ve Sv6 2008
I'd like to know the resale value of you car?

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
hi mate

car looks sweet love the hsv front bar cant believe you picked up for only 400 :) tailights look sweet tinted have you got pulled up for them yet ? Would that void your insurance ?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I'd like to know the resale value of you car?

Look up the average SV6 (of similar age and km) resale price on redbook than subtract a couple of thousand...

Aesthetic mods almost NEVER increase the resale of a car.