Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Street Car Project

MyStreetCar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Hi Forum readers,

Thought you may be interested in checking out my VS Commodore V6 build up. I have a web site: www.mystreetcar.com.au....... The entire build, starting from the car purchase and proposed build specification has been posted. I am doing this project from just simply having a real love for Commodores and a particular interest in the development of the V6 engine. This is a completely self funded project, with no comercial gain and it is costing me a small fortune...!!! I am a mechanic by trade who has a passion for his work and hope that this project may help others contemplating a similar build up. All stages have basically now been completed. There seems to be a rapidly growing interest in the developement of the Holden V6. I would love know your thoughts and stories of other V6 builds and other vehicle developments

Cheers

Peter

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Visited your site - top marks and I'm sure you are proud of it. Very professional but at the same time down to earth.
Your project is what I planned on doing back in the early 60's....but got married and 7 kids later I'm in a Commodore but still love grease under my fingernails. My passion was flathead Henrys and now they seem so primitive, but who cares - anything that moves.
I, for one, will stay tuned. Good Luck (or as the Yanks say"good wrench-turning")

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Very impressive mate :thumbsup: I will sit down when I get a chance and read the whole thing. Have had a quick look through it though - you have put in heaps of work, not only into the car but also the website, and it really shows. Keep up the good work. Where is your business located?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Sounds good mate. Will keep an eye on this thread and the site for sure.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
I wish I had more time to read the whole lot

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
Dude, nice site!! have only read part of it, but am impressed with your indepth approach and knowlege, and your willingness to share it with the viewing world. I'll be reading it as often as I can. Good work

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
I have to say that is a great website. Very informative. Well done and hope the rest of the work goes well

MyStreetCar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Hi Forum readers,

Thanks for your positive feed back........... I really appreciate it. Bringing this project together has been a hard slog.

I hope the information and what I have learn't from this project will help you with your own build ups.

Go well guys........

Peter

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Hi Forum readers,

Thanks for your positive feed back........... I really appreciate it. Bringing this project together has been a hard slog.

I hope the information and what I have learn't from this project will help you with your own build ups.

Go well guys........

Peter

Definitely cold hard figures are the best you can get. top marks mate