Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Torana Rebuild

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
After a few hours, Amazing build mate.

Find it funny how it was supposed to be a Super6 last christmas, now a 383 in August/Nov.. Changing your mind as you go along lol, you would of been finished by now :p

Seriously though, really good build.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Thanks mate. Yes, i have made a few changes to the plan during the build. However, that has a little bit to do with how my circumstances have changed as i was planning to buy another Torana, which would be an LH and Chev powered. All that fell through, so this is the car that copped the treatment.

Also bear in mind, i'm not in any "real" rush to finish the car, so time isn't of the essence. Aug is the goal, but if it doesn't happen, no big deal.

Cheers for the comments.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
ey question, what do you use for cutting the rusted sections off the car so neatly? i'm assuming something like a dremel with a mini cut off disc due to how smooth and clean the cuts look.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
lol go talk to sabbath, he is the one who cut a boot floor out to get to a diff cause he was to lazy to get under the car.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
ey question, what do you use for cutting the rusted sections off the car so neatly? i'm assuming something like a dremel with a mini cut off disc due to how smooth and clean the cuts look.

1mm cut off wheel on a 100mm angle grinder. Nothing fancy.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
BV6, glad to see this thing's coming along so nicely :D

lol go talk to sabbath, he is the one who cut a boot floor out to get to a diff cause he was to lazy to get under the car.

Can we put this to bed for the last time please? And for the record. I cut the floorpan out of the boot of the VQ you had stripped the entire driveline(bar diff) out of and interior from already to save rolling around in the mud of your backyard. You cut through the upper radiator support on your project car to get the motor out. :p