Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VE SS A6 Heron White

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
its nothing against oztrack at all, steve was very good and willing to help or try and fix any concerns i had. i had an issue with the gearbox when using manual shift after i got the cam. when i was downshifting, every now and then it wouldnt shift down a gear for about a second or so, then it would shift and bite hard sorta throwing me forward. steve had a go at fixing it and we thought it had been fixed, but as is usually the case, not long after i left on the same day, it was doing it again.

so i took it to CHE and got a retune. the odd thing about it was, the first run on their dyno i got 283rwkw, after getting 305 on oztracks dyno, they are both dynodynamics dynos. after they retuned i was up to 294rwkw. the gearbox is a bit better, it still has the same issue occasionally but it isnt as bad as it used to be.

as i said earlier, i am not having a go at oztrack at all, i just felt at the time it was worth giving someone else a shot at fixing the problem.

oh and im running the stealth 2 cam wogboyz

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Thanks RUF... I'm still trying to decide where to get my tune done... Either Oztrack or CHE.

On a minor side note, I got a quote for pacemaker 1 7/8 headers and high flow cats for 1500 fitted. What do you think of the price? I'm definitely getting the VCM OTR and a tune, just not sure if it's worth the extra pennies to get the headers as well (not to mention i'll have to plead my case to the wife to release the funds!)

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
sounds like a good price man, might as well do it all at once if ur gonna do it :p

might wanna talk to Not An Abba Fan see what price he can get u for parts then just pay to get them fitted

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Yeah well tax time is my favorite time of year so I'll try and squeeze it into the budget :whistling:

I'll pm not an abba fan and see how I go

BTW sorry for getting off track on your thread! cheers :thumbsup:

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
its nothing against oztrack at all, steve was very good and willing to help or try and fix any concerns i had. i had an issue with the gearbox when using manual shift after i got the cam. when i was downshifting, every now and then it wouldnt shift down a gear for about a second or so, then it would shift and bite hard sorta throwing me forward. steve had a go at fixing it and we thought it had been fixed, but as is usually the case, not long after i left on the same day, it was doing it again.

so i took it to CHE and got a retune. the odd thing about it was, the first run on their dyno i got 283rwkw, after getting 305 on oztracks dyno, they are both dynodynamics dynos. after they retuned i was up to 294rwkw. the gearbox is a bit better, it still has the same issue occasionally but it isnt as bad as it used to be.

as i said earlier, i am not having a go at oztrack at all, i just felt at the time it was worth giving someone else a shot at fixing the problem.

oh and im running the stealth 2 cam wogboyz

Yerpppp goood ol' oztrack tunes.... :rofl2: