Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My vf ssv redline ute

sg6589

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV REDLINE UTE
Here is my 2013 vf ssv redline ute
I have recently just purchased a new set of rims for it they are versus wraith carbon 20x8.5 on the fronts and 20x10 on the rear.
im love my ute and am currently in the process on blacking it out completely, have currently got 5% tint on all the windows, tinted real tail lights. have purchased a vcm otr for it which is currently in transit and am researching what will be the best exhaust setup for my liking...

future mods: will be looking at the exhaust and tune, possibly lowering it a touch, then in the future possible a nice cam upgrade or a supercharger :)

any feed back will be welcome :)

IMAG03061_zpsd016ecec.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG03071_zpseb9921e3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG03091_zpse58bc00e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMAG03111_zps72b938e5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20140608_1703041_zpsd0dc8ff9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
TINTED TAIL LIGHTS

IMAG01151_zpsde182a26.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
NEW RIMS

IMAG01171_zpsda12c027.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Sweet ride. Love the black wheels.

sg6589

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV REDLINE UTE
Looks tough with all the black bits. Needs a bit more low though.
They make the wheel arches on the VE and VF so god damn big.

yea im pretty happy with how all the black bits turned out just gotta work out how to get the rear badge off so I can get it painted aswell.. I know what u mean by more low I am thinking about it only problem is working on a large construction site the access roads aren't always to good so that's what is stopping me at the moment.. yea the wheel arches are massive I contemplated getting 22's for it but again the roads at work would have been a bit rough so just opted for the 20's

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
yea im pretty happy with how all the black bits turned out just gotta work out how to get the rear badge off so I can get it painted aswell.. I know what u mean by more low I am thinking about it only problem is working on a large construction site the access roads aren't always to good so that's what is stopping me at the moment.. yea the wheel arches are massive I contemplated getting 22's for it but again the roads at work would have been a bit rough so just opted for the 20's
Yeah the 22's on my VE Ute, combined with very low coil-overs does make for a rough ride. But it's so worth it, they just fill the arches real nice.
To remove the badge all you need is some boiling water, a dishcloth, fishing line, and some bug and tar remover. Will only take you 20 minutes. Just mark where it sits with some paint-safe masking tape before you remove it so you can put it back on easily.

sg6589

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV REDLINE UTE
Yeah the 22's on my VE Ute, combined with very low coil-overs does make for a rough ride. But it's so worth it, they just fill the arches real nice.
To remove the badge all you need is some boiling water, a dishcloth, fishing line, and some bug and tar remover. Will only take you 20 minutes. Just mark where it sits with some paint-safe masking tape before you remove it so you can put it back on easily.

yea one of my mates has a e series 3 maloo with a nice set of 22's on it and it does sit very nicely but yea the ride is a bit rough... yea I think on the weekend ill get around to pulling it off and painting it, have u pulled yours off? I suppose I will just have to find some decent double sided tape to put it back on :)

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
I've debadged every car I have ever owned, it's an easy process. But I've never put badges back on a car. :)
I find the best thing to do is wash thoroughly around the badges, so there's no hidden dirt that could damage your paint during removal. Then park your car in the sun so the panel heats up a bit. Soak a small towel/dishcloth in boiling water and hold it up against the panel, around the badge, for a few minutes. Get someone to bring you more boiling water so you can re-soak the towel and get that panel really warm around the badge but don't heat the badge.
This will soften the adhesive that is touching the panel but the bit attached to the badge should stay stuck to the badge.
Get some fishing line, hold it close to the panel, and saw back and forth through the adhesive trying to stay as close to your car as possible. Most of the adhesive should be left on the back of the badge and a very small amount will be left on the car. Put bug and tar remover on the adhesive left on the car, let it sit for a few minutes, then use your finger/finger nail to roll/remove the left over adhesive. It might take a few hits with the bug and tar remover, but eventually it's all gone.
As far as re-attaching badges, I have no experience and I will leave that up to you to work out.

sg6589

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SSV REDLINE UTE
I've debadged every car I have ever owned, it's an easy process. But I've never put badges back on a car. :)
I find the best thing to do is wash thoroughly around the badges, so there's no hidden dirt that could damage your paint during removal. Then park your car in the sun so the panel heats up a bit. Soak a small towel/dishcloth in boiling water and hold it up against the panel, around the badge, for a few minutes. Get someone to bring you more boiling water so you can re-soak the towel and get that panel really warm around the badge but don't heat the badge.
This will soften the adhesive that is touching the panel but the bit attached to the badge should stay stuck to the badge.
Get some fishing line, hold it close to the panel, and saw back and forth through the adhesive trying to stay as close to your car as possible. Most of the adhesive should be left on the back of the badge and a very small amount will be left on the car. Put bug and tar remover on the adhesive left on the car, let it sit for a few minutes, then use your finger/finger nail to roll/remove the left over adhesive. It might take a few hits with the bug and tar remover, but eventually it's all gone.
As far as re-attaching badges, I have no experience and I will leave that up to you to work out.

hahaha yea I have removed badges before have never gone into as much detail as u.. just get a bit of fishing line and yea.. I will let u know how I go with re attaching it. im sure I can find some good double sided tape at work haha