Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my vk berlina

kwakaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina / VZ Calais / GSX750F
Does your window winder foul on the speaker pod? I have the same set at home to put on but wasn't sure on the clearance to wind the windows up and down. I almost opted for Calais power windows on the front.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
ARI, hows the vk going? I've been mean to ask you, but I've been a little busy...Cheers

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Hey Ari,

After reading your Impala thread, I've now read your VK thread (no work = much time on JC :p ).
Mate you've got some serious commitment, this car is absolutely awesome :thumbsup:

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
thanks man!

i really wasnt expecting to pull this thing off the road as long as i did. its basically killed about 6 months of time on the impala, but im glad i did. much nicer to drive now. it feels good to look at your car at the servo when you are paying for fuel and think "yeah, i did that"

i mean its not a showcar by any stretch, but just the memory of the BS that you go through. and looking at the finished result. yeah its cool. thanks for reading ;)

Jedwards

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commie
Thanks heaps ari for posting all this, looks like a sweeeet car now! This is one VK definantly one i wouldnt mind.
How did your interior turn out?
You have inspired me to make a project out of my VH.
It is great to read through the problems occured with the build and find out how you overcame them.
Are you glad you didnt sell, Hope your enjoying it mate!
Also, was it worth making it a project instead of selling and buying something else?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Are you glad you didnt sell?

lol, well to be honest, now that its all finished (to a degree) im kinda sick of it. everytime i look at this car all i see now is enough money to buy a 454 for the impala :) once i give it the final cut/polish i will take some nice pics and stick it up for sale.

i love the fact that i have done it, and would probably do it again. can highly recomment doing the same to anyone. not only can you take pride in your work, but you also learn sooo much in the process. but now that i have driven the impala for a few months, there is nothing quite like it.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Hey man...... How's ur battery sitting

also ur car sounds insane! i love it

Last edited: