Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VN Lexcen is gone

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
hmmm well i wouldnt know about offroad capability ( auto license, so i cant say i can drive lol ) but i once drove a V8 90 ( ? ) series landcruiser and i hated it, the brakes worked but you couldnt feel them. the steering was light, but i couldnt feel the road, and the seating position? if i were to hit a 2ft brick wall with it, the bottom end would crupple and the top half would grind to a stop almost intact. felt so damn high * shudders *

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
The Pajero is very car like to drive, like a mid seventies model, but car like none the less. Brakes are very good.
My Father in Law's 1999 Landcruiser GXL(?) "Luxury Pack" is like a truck compared to the Pajero, in fact it is on par with my brothers 86 model.
I'm short so it's good to be up high for once. I've driven many vans and
4WDs so I'm used to it.

VLturbs87

1 TUFF SLE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 333 stroker
Each to there own, Hope Your having fun In It!

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
MK is an '84 - '87 model. they are very very similar to the MQ's.

the 90 series cruiser would be a Prado, if thats what your talking about. if your talking about one built in 1990 it'd be an 80 series.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Picture367.jpg

Thought I better stir you up a bit :D
No lokkers or crawler gears in my rig. Just the stock paj running gear with standard patroll springs in the rear and wound torsion bars, a little assistance from a 2" body lift. They go a long way, as I said previously, they are way underrated.

Hope I have given you ideas now :yeah:

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
33s. All though I am tempted to go 35in baja claws or MTRs.

I have seen nc pajes fit 32s under them pretty easily.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey pretender, I just remembered that in your 1st post you mentioned that your starter was playing up. Be careful of that, it would have to be one of the pajes downfalls. They are a front facing starter so they cop all the mud and dust and s#!? that you plough through. I had the same thing happen, started playing up, then stopped throwing properly then finally burst into flames thankfully at a carwash where there was an abundance of water.
The best way to keep them happy is to take them off every now and then and give it a good blow out, aparently it is fairly common.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow

MK is an '84 - '87 model. they are very very similar to the MQ's.

the 90 series cruiser would be a Prado, if thats what your talking about. if your talking about one built in 1990 it'd be an 80 series.

Thanks for that about the MK, didn't even know they existed. My brother had an 1985 MQ, so was the MQ sold along side of the MK maybe as the SWB?
The Landcruiser is not a Prado. It is a 4.5litre, petrol guzzling, big 4X4 Thinking about it cost $17000 so I must have the year wrong.

I want my Pajero to do this vvvvvvvvv. I now have plans.

Picture367.jpg

Thought I better stir you up a bit :D
No lokkers or crawler gears in my rig. Just the stock paj running gear with standard patroll springs in the rear and wound torsion bars, a little assistance from a 2" body lift. They go a long way, as I said previously, they are way underrated.

Hope I have given you ideas now :yeah:

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Starter

Hey pretender, I just remembered that in your 1st post you mentioned that your starter was playing up. Be careful of that, it would have to be one of the pajes downfalls. They are a front facing starter so they cop all the mud and dust and s#!? that you plough through. I had the same thing happen, started playing up, then stopped throwing properly then finally burst into flames thankfully at a carwash where there was an abundance of water.
The best way to keep them happy is to take them off every now and then and give it a good blow out, aparently it is fairly common.

Cheers, will do.