Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Lightning

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Yes because a) there is no one else on this site with laptops/Xbox(orig/360)/ps(1/2/3) rear dvd players, LCD screens on their dash/in boot...
b) someone is going to track me down just to get a laptop, that 'could' be 10 year old....

Maybe I should go after the person with this screen in their boot....

OOOOH! Now i know what to do with my 32" computer/TV Screen when i upgrade it to a bigger screen! Just gotta move my fire extinguisher a bit! :yeah:

If you want to secure the laptop, for about $30-50 you can get a Kensington lock to secure your laptop to a part of the car. The only way to get through them is to cut the cable if you have strong enough cutters, or remove whatever the cable is attached to. Generally to pick the lock it will take more time, or guess the combination.

And a study showed that a guy in a car with an alarm going off will generally only stay for a maximum of 2 minutes. Without the alarm going off it's 3 or 4 minutes. You dont hang around!

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
oii that car has a chev badge yuk lol and yes iknow money :) haha

Yes Sav I know, hence the rant i made about their being a FULL CAR in the picture *shakes head*

OOOOH! Now i know what to do with my 32" computer/TV Screen when i upgrade it to a bigger screen! Just gotta move my fire extinguisher a bit! :yeah:

If you want to secure the laptop, for about $30-50 you can get a Kensington lock to secure your laptop to a part of the car. The only way to get through them is to cut the cable if you have strong enough cutters, or remove whatever the cable is attached to. Generally to pick the lock it will take more time, or guess the combination.

And a study showed that a guy in a car with an alarm going off will generally only stay for a maximum of 2 minutes. Without the alarm going off it's 3 or 4 minutes. You dont hang around!

LOL...Well least we could also watch tv on a 32" at meets :w00t:

I bought one of those gay cables that lock into the laptop, and it fell apart...so um yeah, ill save my fiddy dollars for something different

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
It's spray can adhesive, WAS put on both bits (cardboard and material) but because material is so flimsy it was hard to keep it stick down properly...Maybe I just rushed it :bang:

ahh there ya go i dont think u rushed it see the spray cans r the worst 2 use simply coz they dont have the strength even if uve done everything right. Also u'll find in a very hot day or over year or more so down the track (normally should last appox 10 years) it will start falling down again. The best stuff 2 use comes in the tin cans like quik grip, coz they dont have those extra additives that spray cans do. If u dont have a spray gun 2 put it in u can still use a paint brush 2 apply it.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
ahh there ya go i dont think u rushed it see the spray cans r the worst 2 use simply coz they dont have the strength even if uve done everything right. Also u'll find in a very hot day or over year or more so down the track (normally should last appox 10 years) it will start falling down again. The best stuff 2 use comes in the tin cans like quik grip, coz they dont have those extra additives that spray cans do. If u dont have a spray gun 2 put it in u can still use a paint brush 2 apply it.

Ok, I may try that wil a darker material...

And yeah it's already started to fall :bang:

Thanks

UPLAWS

Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VT Commodore Equipe
love this man,....niceeeee

Morticia

I aim to misbehave
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Series 2
i think neons should stick with the jap cars... no need to turn holdens into rice burners...
plus i like lights, but you could only go so far...
other than that its an alright ride...
heard that your battery went flat on the wkend... hehehe

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
yeah.. Lightning.. Heard you had some.. Electical faults yesterday, whats goin on ther?

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Na, was the bloody starter motor, so I shall be taking it back out and telling commwreck to replce it...

So yeah, for the certain people "making fun" of how my "car battery died like 3 times"...no it didn't...

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
2nd that on the Spray can Adhesive crap its the worst thing you can use, as said about quik grip is good, i cut up a icecream container and made a scraper and applied it and worked a treat, if its thin matirial it will come through, also viynel sweats if applied to thick but goes away, if you take it out and do it again ditch the interior light all together and make the lighting bolt into the light insted it should be bright enough, if your going to that extream might aswell ditch the light in the middle it will look alot better, and a darker colour would make it stand out more. good luck.