Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VP Lightning

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
2nd that on the Spray can Adhesive crap its the worst thing you can use, as said about quik grip is good, i cut up a icecream container and made a scraper and applied it and worked a treat, if its thin matirial it will come through, also viynel sweats if applied to thick but goes away, if you take it out and do it again ditch the interior light all together and make the lighting bolt into the light insted it should be bright enough, if your going to that extream might aswell ditch the light in the middle it will look alot better, and a darker colour would make it stand out more. good luck.

The only reason the interior light IS there is because it helps hold that part of the roof up, without it the cardboard will collapse, there idea was, because there are screws and stuff there, they wouldn't need clips to hold it...

I was gonna try and find a way to use it to my benefit...But can't think of what I could put there, maybe in the future a screen...

Morticia

I aim to misbehave
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Series 2
ahhh so it was the starter motor... that sucks dude!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah i saw ya had some trouble when i was driving in and out, that sucks balls dude.

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Yeah, I was hoping it was a dead battery...But because it wasn't starting even with a jump start (EVENTUALLY IT DID), I had thought it was, so I went straight home and tested it all...Nothing wrong with the battery at all...Just lucky it's still got warranty....

Would've been good to go all the way on the cruise, bt didn't want the chance of having to get a tow all the way back :| But she is now sitting in the driveway and will not start at all...

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Extractors are now on :w00t: and they are now black :bang: well, atm they go from red to black, so it's a nice effect ;)

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Nice mallet or hammer does a nice trick with the starter motor!

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
Nice mallet or hammer does a nice trick with the starter motor!

That can work for a little while....but when It's dead it's dead....and afterall, it was still under warranty ;)

Well, took it for a drive, def needs an auto service. But has more noticeable power :yeah: and the extractors are now fully black :whistling

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
good to hear about the extractors man :) black is better anyway, less noticeable :p

thanks, yeah It looks alright, I would've liked the red though...If ever I have a long time to wait I might think about doing them again....But would need a LONG time....lol....least I know what to do now :|

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
did u drill the cup holders into the draw thing yet?
good to see that the roof is done, just gotta see it in person.
as they say "Photos always lie":whistling

I'm sure your where smart enough to cover the L.E.D's so they don't touch the car's body:yeah:

I'm considering doing my like the RR phantom

(just abit neater, maybe an optional wine cooler and barry white music to set the mood when with a girl:yeah:)

rolls-royce-phantom-coupe-roof.jpg