Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VR V6 Turbo Brolina

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
U should get a minispool for it hehe No more open wheelers anywhere then and sooo much more fun for skids!

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
U should get a minispool for it hehe No more open wheelers anywhere then and sooo much more fun for skids!

yeah I know, pain in the ass that we cant get them off the shelf here, and they are so expensive to ship in from aus!

Claudy

French Com
Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Gen3 VT SS + V6 VT manual turbo
Oh really? I got mine off eBay 87bucks posted... Didn't know it cost much to post to NZ... If not, just weld ur diff! Had a vn with welded diff, never broke ay

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
Oh the thought has crossed my mind many times. I'm just waiting for someone to go on holiday to aussie, and ill get them to pick me one up for now. So for now it's a pick'n mix, mainly singles, but does give the occasional twinner :D

rogash

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 5 litre 5 speed
nice work mate :) thats a sweet set up my turbo sits like in front of the motor between radiator and motor and i put thin aftermarket fan instead but left the fan plastic shroud and it half hides my turbine from the po po haha shes sweet

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
Necro time!

The car is on its 4th 4speed now so its time to ditch that idea, I have bought a th400 and adaptor kit (worked out to be around 100AUD ish) but this wont be in for a while. As for now we have begun work on modifying the inlet manifold:

a25ijr.jpg

Larger chamber (around 4000cc) and a 90mm throttle body, and the best part is cutting down on the bends and cooler pipe!

Also fitted a race seat, have mocked up where the gauges will all sit, and even have the new shifter sitting in place:

qnmb7m.jpg

Car is a real mess at the moment but in the coming months it should start to come back together, still a long road ahead before I am able to have it certified, but am hopeing it will all be worth it in the end!

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
Cheers,

Cam was sent away yesterday for its regrind, will look into some beefy valve springs and twin row timing chain also, the chain in there at the moment was a bit saggy!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
cam coil bind ouch
IMGP5872.jpg

manifold goodness
IMGP5880.jpg

IMGP5878.jpg

IMGP5876.jpg

IMGP5874.jpg