Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vt So Far :D

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
Hey guys,
thought i would just list the **** of what i have done on my car since i started on it, and if you got any other ideas i could do post em up:D

Mods to date:
- Custom Plates "BRAD 93"
- Pulled The Ugly Black Strips Off The Doors.
- VX SS Boot Garnish.
- Full Cadence Stero System.
- Opened trottle To 100%.
- Painted Manifold Lid.
- Put It On Super Lows.
- Aftermarket Taillights.
- Chrome Bowtie Chevy Badges.
- Calibre Pod Filter In The Stock Aorbox.
- DIY Cold Air Intake Down To Bottom Grille.
- Chrome Mesh Grilles.

And Now In The Process Of Painting The Interior, Relining The Roof and Re-trimming the door inserts :)

And I Am Also On The Look-out For A Cheap Full Set Of VE SS Rims Or VE CALAIS Rims, So If You Know Where Any Are Going Cheap Let Me Know :D

Will Post Pics Tomorrow :D

Thanks Guys

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
all looks good so far mate except 1 thing - Chrome Bowtie Chevy Badges...... what part of your car is Chev?

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
dannyVT-Yeah its a series one so im interested mate

lufkin- Thanks mate :) ill have some pics for you tomorrow if you wanna see it haha. And the only chevy part on the car is the badges haha. i just think they look betten the holden badge :p

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
Oh nah mate i didnt no anything bout matching the rims. i saw a trad on here somewere called " ve rims on vt" and the looked quite good so i wanna do it but it didnt say anything about matching them lol. How do you get them matched exactualy?
Thanks man

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Oh nah mate i didnt no anything bout matching the rims. i saw a trad on here somewere called " ve rims on vt" and the looked quite good so i wanna do it but it didnt say anything about matching them lol. How do you get them matched exactualy?
Thanks man

Yeah the VE's have a 60mm hub centre hole and the VT's have a 70mm hub, so you just have to have the centre hole machined out an extra 5mm all around. Any local metal engineers should be able to do it for you. Here in Bathurst when I was gonna put VE SV6 rims on my VU they were gonna charge $50/wheel so allow about that but best to check prices where your local places are. Also be aware they wil usually want the rim WITHOUT a tyre on it to do this, so keep that in mind if you buy rims already fitted with tyres. Also make sure you dont buy VE wheel nuts for the wheels either (if you dont plan on using current nuts) as the VE's have a 14mm stud and the VT's have a 12mm stud.
Edit: Also (lol) if you buy rims with tyres already fitted, you might want to check just how well they are suited to your car. I know when i had my set of VE SV6 rims (18") they had the standard tyres that they came out of the factory on a VE on them, and I had to get lower profile tyres on them to fit under my VU as the VE's have bigger clearance under the guards then the VU did (VT would be the same)

Last edited:

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
alright mate thanks for that. would i be able to get VE hubs and replace the instead of getting them machined? or would this work? lol
thanks

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Nah that would cause wayyy more fiddling around and $$$. In the end I decided against putting the VE rims on my VU as the extra $$$ spent on machining/tyres etc made it just as worthwhile to get a nice set of aftermarket rims. Unless you have your heart set on the VE rims of course. lol