Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VT - VTEAZN

DVS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
Hey nice car, need details on it or is it a secret :D

Also pics way too big.

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
Haha, the plates were on the car before I got it along with the interior. I'm thinking of getting it all redone in suede and maybe a few bits in vynl.

The engine/car in general cost way too much, and I'm not arguing the point that this much money poured into a V8 would certainly go faster. So before all of the 5.0L crew start voicing their self fascination I agree that a V8 would have gone faster, however thats not what I wanted.

Basically DVS, everythings been done. Everything from the 9" diff to the braided hoses but I'm not really releasing any specifics and stuff just yet- until I get a retune and new dyno figures and a run at the track.

DVS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
Ah ok, so going by your sig it's a 4.2L :D

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
pics way too big
not enough details
need figures/specifics

any mods besides engine, diff and all the guages?

part from that congrats, nice car.

"I suppose its time to post a few pictures of my street legal weapon..."

thats not street legal mate sorry..

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
pics way too big
not enough details
need figures/specifics

any mods besides engine, diff and all the guages?

part from that congrats, nice car.

"I suppose its time to post a few pictures of my street legal weapon..."

thats not street legal mate sorry..

Yeah I will eventually put up all the details of the engine and what other parts were used (eg: brake upgrade) but I'm holding out until I finish the car and run it at the drags so I can put everything out at once. Plus I'm hoping to get it in a magazine once its done so if that happens I'll release everything with that.

Besides the engine the interior has been done in blue and black but I don't really think it suits the car plus it was just a quick job so I'm going to redo it all in suede (hopefully). Its got a DVD player but I'm saving up to get some stereo stuff for it (looking at 2 Kicker SoloX's run off 2 Kicker ZX2500.1)

What makes it not a street legal car? I'm just curious as to what things you think aren't street legal with an engineers certificate... Its never been defected and the police usually don't even give the car a 2nd glance.

PS. Pictures have been resized! I haven't had time to sit around and download stuff and have a fiddle but they automatically resized when I uploaded them to facebook so now its done, stop complaining.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
What makes it not a street legal car? I'm just curious as to what things you think aren't street legal with an engineers certificate... Its never been defected and the police usually don't even give the car a 2nd glance.

Does it meet emissions standards after the turbo, stroker setup and tuning etc have all been done?

holdenhero

Car idiot
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT
It's listed on the engineer certificate as an exhaust measuring 75mm diameter and of meeting requirements of ADR 28 and that the vehicle external noise is assessed as less than 90dbA. I also had to get a blue slip for the car and it passed. I don't exactly test the emissions of my car daily but as far as I know its still meeting the standards.