Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] [My VX] How to make your stock lights look aftermarket

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i think it woulda looked better if the film had more gloss in it 2 match the cars paint, windows shine ect....

i know the gloss does help reflect the light more 2.

Demoniak

Like a pig in kaakaa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE 6.0 SS Ute, 02 VX II SS Sedan
i think it woulda looked better if the film had more gloss in it 2 match the cars paint, windows shine ect....

i know the gloss does help reflect the light more 2.

It is still curing, within a few weeks it will be more glossy. Ill get some pics up when its cured

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Just be carefull mate. If someone rear ends you, Insurance may not pay out as your tail lights were " Obstructed" from clear view from the driver that crashed into you. Besides that its differnt and even color unlike the spray tint :)

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
ive used VHT niteshades spray on all the cars if tinted the lights on, if youre carefull, (like i was) you can get an even and consistant tint, and then all it takes is a quick rub with 1200 wet n dry and then a cut n polish and all is swell.

AFAIK, you have to be able to see red illumination from 200m behind the car on parkers. didnt think that lens colour was an issue as such. oh, and every car ive tinted bar the VX (reflector is integral to the lens) ive masked the reflector off and not sprayed it.

heres my old VN i did. never got pulled, and passed the two regos i had it for with flying colours.

2365_57549661679_500926679_1875649_5054037_n.jpg

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I think cheap mods like this look exactly that...cheap.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
heres a pic of the wifes wagon that i tinted the tails on. and yes theyre the same, as when i did them, i sprayed them as one. so right next to each other and in consistant sweeping strokes. been like this for 2-3 years now, all they need is an occasional polish with wax and they look great.

040420121485.jpg

sawychri06

Reaction score
Members Ride
d22 navara
heres a pic of the wifes wagon that i tinted the tails on. and yes theyre the same, as when i did them, i sprayed them as one. so right next to each other and in consistant sweeping strokes. been like this for 2-3 years now, all they need is an occasional polish with wax and they look great.

040420121485.jpg

klampy i really hope this pic is not one of those where the girl in the top window is a gost and wasnt there before???

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
ahahah no!!! thats my son! lol.... he is 2 n half. loves watching daddy from the top window. its just annoying that he likes to run out on the street as im just on one side of a crest that people love to scream over... a risk id rather not take.