Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VXII Berlina Wagon

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I went and bought a thing (God damnit I'm meant to be saving for a wedding). The car itself would be written off if the previous owner had of claimed insurance on it due to damage to the driver's side. Fortunately however the engine was fine. I bought the car for $1000 and sold it to my mechanic minus the engine for $500. The same mechanic will be fitting the engine to my car when he has time (Hopefully soon), with a few small changes. Stay tuned.

9batet.jpg

20sjfv6.jpg

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
I'd keep that transaction quiet from your future spouse until after the wedding...haha...good score though..cars looking extremely clean..

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car is now back with me and running the L67. At the same time it got,
- New plugs and leads
- New fuel filter and L67 pump (with the wiring changed to allow for the higher flow of the L67 pump
- Injectors cleaned
- All new idler pulleys
- MACE 87mm (10PSI) supercharger pulley.
- New coolant hoses
- New LIM gaskets
- All new bearings in the charger
- New fluid throughout
- All new Zinnet twin 2.5" cat back (a nice off the shelf solution to fit an L67 wagon)
- MACE recalibrated Memcal

I elected to keep my transmission despite the higher KM's on it due to the known service history and shift kit. However the L67 stall convertor and flex plate were both fitted.

I haven't had a chance to drive it very far, but so far so good. The power difference is more than I expected so I'm very happy with that. I'll hopefully throw it on a dyno one day soon just to see what it does. I'll post up some photos soon.

DougoMundo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Lumina
That looks really clean, and the headlights are a massive improvement. Suits the colour nicely

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
That looks really clean, and the headlights are a massive improvement. Suits the colour nicely

Thanks. The headlights have grown on me. I really want them properly restored at some stage. I'd buy a new set if they weren't so dear.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
You have got to just love cars. I was expecting some teething problems with the conversion and sure enough on a short drive to my parents (luckily on 10 minutes away, mostly at high speeds) I noticed the car was overheating when traveling slowly. I took the car back to the bloke who did the conversion and it was nothing to do with the motor change, instead the low speed thermo fan (which were my own) had decided to pick then of all times to fail. The mechanic quickly took it out and swapped the motor with a spare he had (at no charge) and now the temperature is nice and steady again. Hopefully no more bugs appear.

I also took the car to Vicroads and surprisingly had no issues with swapping the motor on their system. The worst case scenario that kept popping into my head was that they would make me engineer it because technically the wagon is different to the sedan, and never came from factory with the L67.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
So far So good, no more issues in the 500kmI have driven the car post the conversion. I am also very impressed by the power difference. From factory the L67 only has 19kw more than the Ecotec, but it certainly feel like a much bigger improvement than that. Obviously the increase (and lower down spread) of torque is helpful. In the future my goal will be 200RWKW, which should be achievable with intercooling.