Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My vy exec

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
Lowered 3" on what springs dude? go the baby blue i was thinking of doing my VY Exec a baby blue but def not enough money!!...
Loving your ride mate whats some future mods?

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Lowered 3" on what springs dude? go the baby blue i was thinking of doing my VY Exec a baby blue but def not enough money!!...
Loving your ride mate whats some future mods?

Lowered on jumbo springs, Don't remember what shocks.

Yeah spraying is DEF on the to do list, but it all comes down to $$

Currently I'm working on a custom but PRACTICAL boot install - as i still use my boot for work. I'm getting fibreglass boxes molded to the sides of the boot. Both subs should slightly face out. Putting a carpeted wall up against the LPG tank (with the safety gas release valve still exposed, keepin it legal ;) ) with both amps mounted to that. Mixed in with a downlights in the floor and neons hidden in the roof, should look neat but custom :)

Being an auto Executive and only on my P's i see no point in touching performance. So i have these mods in thought,

In order of which i'll do first to last

A mean looking front bar
Colour match the side skirts and rear bar to the same colour as the car
Monaro bonnet
Black and blue leather interior

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5

Lowered on jumbo springs, Don't remember what shocks.

Yeah spraying is DEF on the to do list, but it all comes down to $$

Currently I'm working on a custom but PRACTICAL boot install - as i still use my boot for work. I'm getting fibreglass boxes molded to the sides of the boot. Both subs should slightly face out. Putting a carpeted wall up against the LPG tank (with the safety gas release valve still exposed, keepin it legal ;) ) with both amps mounted to that. Mixed in with a downlights in the floor and neons hidden in the roof, should look neat but custom :)

Being an auto Executive and only on my P's i see no point in touching performance. So i have these mods in thought,

In order of which i'll do first to last

A mean looking front bar
Colour match the side skirts and rear bar to the same colour as the car
Monaro bonnet
Black and blue leather interior

Sounds mint... im in the market for a front bar at the moment... just tossing up between SS or Clubsport.... i like your idea with the skirts and rear to match the color i might give that a go aswell...

Yeah def get plates always makes the car look sweet!...
Also tinted tail light would like awesome imo...

Keep the pics and updates coming mate awesome ride

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
Sounds mint... im in the market for a front bar at the moment... just tossing up between SS or Clubsport.... i like your idea with the skirts and rear to match the color i might give that a go aswell...

Yeah def get plates always makes the car look sweet!...
Also tinted tail light would like awesome imo...

Keep the pics and updates coming mate awesome ride

There's a few places i know down south that make replica SS and clubby front bars - IMO i'd rather steer away from making my car look like something its not.

I wouldn't mind finding a nice custom bar. I've seen one driving around with 2 sets of foggys in it.. I'm wondering if thats legal, looked pretty sweet.

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
im not trying to make mine look like an ss or a clubby i just really love that front bar....
Where abouts is Cherrybrook?

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
im not trying to make mine look like an ss or a clubby i just really love that front bar....
Where abouts is Cherrybrook?

Sydney -

If your keen on getting a clubby front bar i know a place in my area that does fibreglass kits,

front bar, fitted and painted is around $900

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
car looks good mate. what brand of headunit is that and how much she set u back ? as for the front bar i would go either ss or custom. clubby ones allways seen to look odd and u can almost allways pick out the fake clubbys.:)

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
car looks good mate. what brand of headunit is that and how much she set u back ? as for the front bar i would go either ss or custom. clubby ones allways seen to look odd and u can almost allways pick out the fake clubbys.:)

Cheers for the comment,

The Headunit is a Kenwood 6039 (or something). Got it from my old work for $500. It's last years model and retailed $1400. I love it, but i keep gettin pulled over for watching dvds while driving :whistling

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
update:

boot install is finished,

Raised floor with 2 amps mounted under it.
Wall covering the ugly LPG tank
2 fiberglass molded boxes

p3280006.jpg

p3280004.jpg