Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY II Berlina

G

GzGenIII

My VY II Berlina (Updated: 12-Dec-2005)

Well I've just converted from Ford to Commodore and I have to say I am very impressed with my new ride. Right now it's a

2004 VY Series II Berlina 5.7 Litre GenIII (225kw) Silver

Right now it's completely stock although it's going under the knife today to get it's exhaust done (3" system from kat back) so I can actually tell it's a v8!

Anyway I'm glad to be a commodore owner it's really beautiful car. I have a few plans for it. I would like to do the following

* Put VZ SS mags on it.
* Calais Bodykit and Taillights etc.
* Slightly lowered
* Redo the stereo system completely

I guess time, money and warranty issues will tell! Anyway here are a few pictures of it as it stands right now. :)

12-Dec-2005:

Well I've finally done the exhaust and bitten the bullet and got some VZ SS mags for it. I know their 'stock commo' mags but I really like the way they look. They really suit the car (well I think I do anyway). So exhaust done (sounds like a v8 wh00p), and the mags are done.

Anyway here are some new photos!

Attachments

• DSC00009_1.jpg
    DSC00009_1.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 369
Last edited by a moderator:

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
nice car and nice plans :)

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
congatulations, your on the right side mate nice car cant wat to see the new rims on good luck

danls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Exec.
If you're going to fit a vy calais bodykit you should put some vy 19" senator rims, it'll look mean and tough. Only if you hav the cash.

G

GzGenIII

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yeah I am looking at mags at the moment. That's the next thing to do after the exhaust. I want this car just to look good without attaction unwanted attention (police etc). I just want it to be smooth, slick and simple. It's already fast enough as far as I am concerned (I not into racing every man and his dog just something can sit nicely on the road and give the wannaby ricers a run for it's money).

I've started looking at mag prices and 19" of any variety is probably a bit out of my price range. 18"'s are doable and I want to keep the thing as 'holden' as possible hence that's why I am looking at the VZ SS 18" Mags. I spoke to the place I bought it from they can do VZ SS 18"'s for $2,200 (with rubber).

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Be sure to get an edit and eventually decent cats and headers, makes a world of difference :)

Kenster84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I like the rims on your VY Berlina, just woundering how the preformance on the Alloytec V6 engine does it handle well during a drag and stop start?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Kenster84 said:
I like the rims on your VY Berlina, just woundering how the preformance on the Alloytec V6 engine does it handle well during a drag and stop start?

I didnt think the VY came with the alloytec...?

Kenster84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Infus10n said:
I didnt think the VY came with the alloytec...?
:unsure: I thought they do, or the late model VY may be does unless that model is still running EcoTec engine?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Nah, only in the VZ.