Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY S1 Storm

gordo881005

unholy confessions
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Storm2
i put a LED strip in over the weekend, cant tell its there when its turned off, and the switch is hidden right under the parcel shelf, puts out enough light, just gota clean everything up now. might be going for a full line around the tray, does help to be able to see now.

Attachments

• 03042010(001).jpg
    03042010(001).jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 250

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
No I had the head unit that is in my pictures installed by an alpine dealer here in Adelaide. Have since swapped out for an IDA-X305 which was just plug an play.
I dropped in some pioneer 2 ways I used to have in my previous VS when I got the car. Can't remember what they were, but dropped straight in and are an obvious improvement over the stock speakers. Keep meaning to get a pair of splits to replace the factory ones as they are just sitting there not connected at the moment, but that would require efffort, lmao.

Have thought about a sub, but I really don't spend enough time in the car to enjoy it. There was a shallow mount clarion sub at one stage intended for small spaces, it was about the size of a thick phone book but never found any reviews of it to warrant finding one.

Oh, and my aftermarket lid which is nearing 5 years old now is starting to lift on the clear coat, time for a rub back and re-clear I think :)