Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ Berlina

luke641

ST33ZE: A Berlina Thing
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina with Calais Bits
Mines perfect imo... Hugs road well. Nice and firm, and the ride is fine.. Well im not complaining... I might be once i put my VS UL in the rear.. But till then its fine...

But yea, looks good, handles nice(as good as a boat can), and ride is fine in the city and freeway!

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Might have a look into those. What shocks you got?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
SL's wouldn't be bad, SSL's on the back might be better tho, depending if you want the car level or not.

As for the shockers I'd get Monroe GT Shockers + springs, but not sure on Luke's setup.

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Might visit a suspension place and see if they can show me some examples of ride height. I don't want it to be too low that it scrapes over everything. That would just be annoying!

luke641

ST33ZE: A Berlina Thing
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Berlina with Calais Bits
SL's wouldn't be bad, SSL's on the back might be better tho, depending if you want the car level or not.

As for the shockers I'd get Monroe GT Shockers + springs, but not sure on Luke's setup.

SSL in the rear might be a little two low, if he doesnt really want to lower it alot..

Im 95% sure they are GT's as mentioned above... But ill check.. Im not 100% as it was like that when i got the car.

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
After god knows how many weeks with a heap of blood, sweat and tears I have finally completed my custom boot install. I am very happy with the outcome, although the time spent on it probably could have been spent in better ways

IMG_0563.JPGIMG_0566.JPGIMG_0565.JPGIMG_0564.JPGIMG_0567.JPG

newvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
hey mate the boot layout looks ace, quick question with ya headunit mod by phreddy how u get ya rca out for the speaker amp ? the sub amp uses the low level rca but dosent speaker use high level?
thanks man

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Cheers for that, they both use low level output, to put it simply basically the pre-outs that come out of the head unit are all low level outputs, in translation RCA outputs. The idea is that instead of using the speaker wires that come straight out of the head unit (which have already gone through the built-in amp of the head unit), the low level outputs are the signal from the head unit before it even hits the inbuilt amp, which then gives you an undistorted signal to which you can then amplify with your external amps. This is one of the main problems using a Line Out Convertor (LOC), all your doing is amplifying an already amplified signal which will only give you distortion. Phreddy's mod gives you 2 pre-outs (4 outputs to which you can connect 4 channels), I've wired my RCA's to my 4 channel amp, then from my 4 channel amp I have 1 pre-out which I have connected my mono block.

newvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ sv6
ooooo ok thanks man i understand how the rca mod works, cheers for that