Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VZ Berlina

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Cheers for the comments guys!

Ignited-SV6

Sleek and Class
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Nice car mate! loving the rims on it and the boot setup too.

How do you find those brake discs? and how much you spend all up installing and all?

It's time for some new front discs in my VY Berlina and these are the way to go I hope.

Cheers,

Stevo

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Cheers mate, the brake setup is pretty awesome. They aren't sensitive but I've noticed that they perform better when they are warm. I think I spent something like $300 for all 4 discs and then it was about $152 for the pads. I installed them myself since brakes are pretty easy to do. I think there's a full write up somewhere on this forum on how to do it. Yea I'm pretty happy with this setup. It's smooth braking, I've driven a few cars where the brakes are really sensitive and every time you brake you and every passenger lunge forward but these are quite nice. I'd recommend these to anyone, it's well worth every dollar spent!

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Ok so I've done a lot of thinking, I've decided I want a new car and well unfortunately I've decided to steer away from Holden. In my personal opinion I just don't think it's worth spending my hard earned cash on an Australian built vehicle, the quality just isn't up to scratch.

I was originally looking at a brand new VE Series II SSV, but then decided it's just too much to spend on a Holden. Also fuel economy is now one of my priorities, having a 3.6L and consistently sitting in traffic I can only imagine what a V8 would be like, so now I've decided I'm going to order a brand spankin new Volkswagen Golf R.

Not only does this car go from 0-100 faster than an SSV, it also handles better than an SSV and has AWD and the obvious, build quality is much better. Power is always available when required, but when coasting or sitting in traffic, it only drinks 8-9L per 100km. I'm also getting it fully optioned with 300w RMS stereo with iPod/USB input, Satnav, front and rear park sensors with rear camera, sunroof, 19" rims, adaptive chassis control and leather. Not sure if I'm going to get it in manual or DSG yet. I wanna test drive the manual first then decide. The only draw-back is there is a 7 month wait.

Within the next few months I will be putting my pride and joy up for sale so if you're interested keep an eye out.

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Ok I just ordered a Golf R so I guess in 6 months it shall be farewell!

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
each to thier own, 2 completely different cars, last thing i would buy is a VW GTI. yes they are quick, but hardly a family car suited to the australian conditions

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
So you trading yours in or selling it privately. ??

Selling privately, not worth trading it in as I'd probably get double what they were offering at least.

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
big lazy V8 sitting at 800 rpm at 100km/h or wake it up with a bootfull doign 13sec 1/4 miles ftw!!

The only problem with that is the fuel consumption that goes with it... The Golf R does a 13.65 quarter mile and that's without a tune. In Australia the Golf R is detuned to 188kw for Australian conditions however with just a simple tune that puts it up to 230kw. I'd like to see what quarter mile that does :D